Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Want to beat that Corvette Malibu guy?

barefootrocker

Definitely not factory.  They made some jump boats with the 8.1L 496ci block around 2003 or thereabouts but just about every Response ever made aside from those should have had a GM 350 block of some sort.

Edited by UWSkier

Showing now for $19,900, down from $24,900.  It's cool and all, but it's only 20hp more than the 454.  Plus it looks to have been neglected a bit.  I'm guessing it'll go for $15k tops.

@Michigan boarder John to my knowledge of the Malibu direct drives with big blocks they only put a 454 in some Echelons and 496s in a couple of special build jump Responses. Did they actually put the 454 in any Sporties/Responses?

20 minutes ago, barefootrocker said:

@Michigan boarder John to my knowledge of the Malibu direct drives with big blocks they only put a 454 in some Echelons and 496s in a couple of special build jump Responses. Did they actually put the 454 in any Sporties/Responses?

Didn't Peter (Smoothwaterman) have one of those back in the day?  Ugly red, white, and blue colour scheme IIRC.

39 minutes ago, barefootrocker said:

1995 was the first year of the Response and the last year you could order a factory 454, but according to the brochure, it wasn't an option in anything other than an Echelon or Sunsetter...

1 hour ago, barefootrocker said:

Not that I know of, ditto what @UWSkier mentioned.  But really whether it's a Sunsetter, Echelon or Response, I assume they will all handle similarly and with those as options to choose from it made that boat for sale not quite as special.  Don't get me wrong, it's still cool, and the black gelcoat is cool, but it needs some work.  I'd rather take on a well cared for Presiden'ts edition Echelon or something.

What engine did they put in the late 90's Corvette editions?  That was a Response hull too right?

17 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Showing now for $19,900, down from $24,900.  It's cool and all, but it's only 20hp more than the 454.  Plus it looks to have been neglected a bit.  I'm guessing it'll go for $15k tops.

Neglect?

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

If I had room for it I'd snap it up for 15k.  The "neglect" is easily remedied with some elbow grease and some inexpensive parts.

I agree.  But for $19.9?

• 1 month later...

I know it was a centurion, but when we had the dealer here in okc. They got a one off factory built Enzo with the merc racing 525 in it. 

Rumor was it was a ceo / upper managements demo boat that they were selling for the company.