Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DVD File Transfer

Looking for some help - putting myself out there, so please take it easy on me.... 

Hv a '21 MXZ23 and would like to load "The Book" DVD (Wakeboard Instruction) to my boats hard drive.  Here is what the Owners Manual states - (I just DO NOT understand this language) 

PDF / Video Viewer: The PDF and VIDEO buttons will allow the driver to view PDF's and play videos that have been stored in the sytem, or that are on a USB stick that is inserted into the dash USB port.  These buttons will be selectable only when the engine is OFF, or if the engine is in idle.

The Viper 111 system supports the following media formats for video playback: Video .divx/.cv/.flv/.h263/.h254/intel-h263/.jpeg/.mpeg/.mempeg/.msvideocoder/.wmv/.xvid or Image .fig/.jpeg/.png/.tiff

File Transfer: Move files from USB input devices to the system by highlighting the file to be copied, than selecting COPY.  Please allow for sufficient amount of time for the file to transfer.

The Viper 111 system supports the following media formats for file transfer: audio.mp3, video.mp4/.avi/.flv/.jpeg/.mpv/.png/.wmv, and image.pdf.

I don't even know where to start w this.  Is there anyone out there on this forum that understands this language and can lay it out for me?  How do I get my DVD's onto the boats hard drive?  Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.  

Edited by H2O TRAX
added a bit more content, to make it more clear.

There a bunch of low cost or free DVD conversion softwares out there. Just throw “DVD to mp4” into the googles and you’ll have a bunch of options. I’m assuming from there, you would transfer the mp4 file to a USB drive and plug that into a port on the viper. 

One "gotchya" is that many DVDs are copy-protected.  Back in the day when the kids wanted to watch in the car, I used "DVDdecryptor" http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/  and then Handbrake https://handbrake.fr/ to rip to file (USB, harddrive etc.) .  I have no idea what the state of encryption on DVDs might be now, but something to watch for in selecting software.

Edited by Eagleboy99
Spelling
  • Like 2