Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help decide with purchase - 2014-2015 24MXZ vs 2018 Axis A24

DylanR

I am looking at these models. Seems like they are pricing close to the same. I have had 3 Axis boats and 1 Malibu LSV. Selling my 2015 T22 love it but just want bigger. Help me decide lol. 

ahopkins22LSV

For me, 2018 A24 no question. Updated hull, probably power wedge two, no screen delamination (2014 mxz) risk and probably still in warranty. That generation mxz will surf very well, but needs quite a bit extra weight. The 2018 A24 is money right of out the box with the plug n play bags. You are also getting more freeboard, probably soft grip flooring over carpet, and a better trailer - in my opinion. If I remember correctly the A24 comes with the pcm crusader 450 and 17” prop too. 

• Like 1

Depends on the use. I don’t leave mine out in the sun and I don’t live in Arizona.

Mine had a pin sized mark that I got the screen replaced under warranty. No issues since then. 

4 hours ago, DylanR said:

What are the chances of the touch screen messing up? 

My boat is used a lot (over 600 hours to date) but the only time it is outside is when it’s in use. Otherwise it lives in my garage. 

My Maliview screen delaminated two years ago. Still functional but looked like garbage. So I replaced it. $2400. 

Now the touch screen is bubbling. 

Personally, I think the chances of failure are higher than it not happening. But then again, people without problems don’t complain.