Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding heater to M5/M6

I plan to add a heater to my 21 A24 because it was a dealer optioned boat and doesn’t have a heater. Can someone post pics/info of how factory connects the heater to the m5/6 engine and where the heater is located. 

Thanks in advance!

4A891AF6-27F2-4B5B-9BAC-DE5B26C44328.jpeg

From heater core return line into the block is the bottom line pictured (right side of the block).
Hose from the block out to line pump is top line pictured (left side). 

FFC77685-9F0C-48B7-8F4D-7AAF4E9FA67C.jpeg

Edited by wdr
Cl

In the heater coolant hose loop, the electric circulation pump is connected to the fitting furthest from the engine heat exchanger and is then plumbed to the heater core.  The other hose from the heater core goes to the heater return fitting on the engine which is closest to the heat exchanger.

5 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

No, they are on the transom port side of the engine by the alternator:

Capture.JPG

So that’s obviously not the heatercraft circulation pump they include in the elite kits. Do you know manufacture/model # for the pump?

22 hours ago, wdr said:

Heater pump (left side) the hoses run aft across the transom and insert into the Fibecs behind the rear bilge pump on my LSV.

080AD3F0-53EB-49FF-90BA-DC55AF63642F.jpeg

Can you tell me manufacturer/model # for the circulation pump in your picture. Thanks!

If I were you, I would see how much the dealer would do it for, perhaps negotiate it in by saying that you really wanted a boat with a heater. They can get factory heater and you can choose output locations. We ordered our boat new from factory, and our dealer recommended we didn’t option it with a heater, so that they could do it and we could choose where the hoses went. They’re charging the same price as factory, as well as warranting it. 

Edited by Brandonloos21
6 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

If I were you, I would see how much the dealer would do it for, perhaps negotiate it in by saying that you really wanted a boat with a heater. They can get factory heater and you can choose output locations. We ordered our boat new from factory, and our dealer recommended we didn’t option it with a heater, so that they could do it and we could choose where the hoses went. They’re charging the same price as factory, as well as warranting it. 

I did ask and they said $1200. I’ve added heaters to my last 2 boats without a problem, this is my first with the cooling system so asking questions.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

My 2021 axis A24 has a factory heater but it is not warm when moving slowly through the water.   Is this for all boats? Maybe axis doesn't put in a circulation pump?

Likely does not have a circulation pump if it heats fine 1500 RPM and up.  I added a circulation pump to my 2016 A20 and now get heat when moving slowly; also get heat when engine is shut off!