Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Dropping

Hi

I have a 2013 TXI Response and I was having issues with my power wedge dropping and had one overload warning. I replaced both actuators, finding water in the drivers side. The challenge I have now is it works fine but still drops down between skis, clipping the water and upsetting the wake not to understate the spray and extra drag it puts on the boat. Any idea what could be making the wedge drop slightly when  not in use. It is clear the problem is exactly the same as before I changed both actuators 

Couple things

1) are you saying that you can power the wedge all the way up and it is dropping over time? Or that it never goes up high enough?

2) After the actuators were replaced did you calibrate the wedge to set the upper and lower position?  These are some older directions, but in a TXI may be the controls you have.  If not the process is pretty much the same but using the touch screen in the diagnostics section

https://cdn.bakesonline.com/media/resourcelibrary/PowerWedgeCalibrate.pdf

You may have PW2 on your 2013 so it may be completely different. On my 2010 with PW1 there were adjustment bolts on top of the wedge housing. If those bolts were loosened I could get about 1 1/2" or better of vertical play in the wedge. Mine were barely tight off of the assembly line and loosened even more over time to where you could hear the wedge flopping up and down when I was driving around the ramp area. Easy fix to prop up the wedge and take out the slack.

Edited by wdr
sp
  • Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
45 minutes ago, wdr said:

You may have PW2 on your 2013 so it may be completely different. On my 2010 with PW1 there were adjustment bolts on top of the wedge housing. If those bolts were loosened I could get about 1 1/2" or better of vertical play in the wedge. Mine were barely tight off of the assembly line and loosened even more over time to where you could hear the wedge flopping up and down when I was driving around the ramp area. Easy fix to prop up the wedge and take out the slack.

All 2013's will have Power Wedge 1 unless it was swapped aftermarket somehow. PW2 didn't come out until 2015.

• Like 2