Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transmission fluid change

Can anyone tell me the best way to change my ATF fluid and any other action I should do on my 96 Sunsetter LX with the Monsoon 320? Thank you!

I bought a Suction Gun from Carquest, about 10 bucks. Stuffed it down the dipstick hole and sucked the tranny almost dry, added aprrox 2 Quarts ATF.

You wanna be really careful how much ATF you put in the tranny. If it's even a little overfull, it will blow out the vent.

So is this a much smarter way to go then going to the dealer? I have the drill operated pump to change my engine oil...will that do the trick? How do you know if you got it all? Thanks

Personally, I don't have a drill operated pump.

I have a Mity Vac that pulls whatever fluid out I want.

I marked graduations on the opaque side of the Mity Vac. so I can see exactly how much fluid I got out.

A rough ball park is to put back in what you got out.

I use a drill pump for mine and it works well. I take a old 2-liter bottle and suction the old fluid into it, then mark it and dispose of the old fluid. Then pour new fluid up to the mark and put it back in. 5 minute process and saves $$$

I use a turkey baser with a hose on the end for the tranny fluid.

if you change it often and don't overfill its easy. I do it every 2 years or 100 hrs.

which sierra or quicksilver spin-on fuel filter for '99 5.7 carb motor? I see a few different sierra filters that look the same.

• 1 year later...

Personally, I don't have a drill operated pump.

I have a Mity Vac that pulls whatever fluid out I want.

I marked graduations on the opaque side of the Mity Vac. so I can see exactly how much fluid I got out.

A rough ball park is to put back in what you got out.

for my tranny I used this item and , like others , measured exactly what I took out and put the same amount back in....i actually used an empty 750 ml wine bottle to measure the old tranny fluid :)

http://www.princessauto.com/all-seasons/farm/transfer-pumps/manual/8025521-plastic-suction-gun