Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your Favorite Non Malibu Accessory??

zhuskers1

1 minute ago, zhuskers1 said:

What is your FAVORITE (non Malibu) accessory you have added to your boat, trailer or hoist?

My family :)

Custom terry cloth seat covers are nice too...

• Like 3

My 2002 was the Bimini.  The new 2020, haven’t had it long enough to figure out what we need....

That is why I am paying attention to this thread.

• Like 1

on an older open cooled indmar a heatercraft ypipe for heat at idle, wife always liked her heater but now she is much more cozy

with the under dash euro vent moved to bottom of sub wall, her feet and the gatorstep under it stay super warm 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, dielawn said:

What is this called and where did you purchase it?

That appears to be the Ramp-N-Clamp he bought (from the Trailer Forum):

First place:  home made surf gates added to the 2009 improved the wave, let us ride flat, let us switch sides in 45 seconds, and were a life changer.  Not as nice as the 2016 automated gates we have now, but I doubt I will ever add anything to a boat that makes such a dramatic change in how much fun it is to use.

Second place:  Decadence.  Love it and loved the ability to customize it with my own stencil and artwork.  Super, super easy to keep clean, and a very plush look

Third place:  Extended bimini on 2009.  Hot here in Georgia

On 1/25/2021 at 5:26 PM, wdr said:

BABZ, WS non DSP amp for my 4 Rev-10s and my Keel Guard. Yeh I know, but my boat gets used.

took me a year or more to figure to push the pin/plug out if the babz versus pull it out with my finger nails , but i love them as they take up zero room in the lockers deflated , bought some cheap adjustable straps from Academy Sports  marine section  for about two bucks each for extensions when water is high to move them down lower than the handle on cleat

Mine:  speed control.  Two steps, first installed an Accuski (long ago) followed by PP.  One of the best investments ever, PP won for ease of use by CFO, ZO the new bar.

CFO:  seat heater (for those days the moronic boat owner decides to ski or foot when snow skiing is more appropriate)

Hoist:  electric motor, lift cover.  Soap/shampoo holder so I can grab a set, 'lake shower' and head out to a formal event in a split second

On 1/25/2021 at 8:43 PM, dlb said:

My 2002 was the Bimini.  The new 2020, haven’t had it long enough to figure out what we need....

That is why I am paying attention to this thread.

Where did you get your bimini? I just bought a 2001 and the bimini that acme with it is shot

Seat riser is nice.

We also sometimes pull with an Expedition Max.  Changed over to electric trailer brakes.  No more being pulled down the boat ramp with SUV brakes locked.

21 minutes ago, RyanB said:

Seat riser is nice.

We also sometimes pull with an Expedition Max.  Changed over to electric trailer brakes.  No more being pulled down the boat ramp with SUV brakes locked.

I've experienced that before...

23 hours ago, justgary said:

That appears to be the Ramp-N-Clamp he bought (from the Trailer Forum):

Correct, bought directly from Ramp-N-Clamp. Great company to deal with.

1 hour ago, RyanB said:

Seat riser is nice.

47 minutes ago, Slayer said:

:shocked: That sounds terrifying!!! Too steep of a ramp? Bald tires? Yikes! How do I avoid this with my Yukon?!

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

And I second that. Granted our ramp is very steep and you cannot back straight into it. I pull with a Ram 3500 LB CC 4wd, loaded with tools. My trucks usually sit about 2 inches lower that others because of the weight in them. I will not launch my 25LSV without 4 wheel drive. My 25 has pulled me back on a few occasions. After the second time I have not forgot to put it in 4wd. Michelin tires in great shape.

2 hours ago, ChadFulton said:

:shocked: That sounds terrifying!!! Too steep of a ramp? Bald tires? Yikes! How do I avoid this with my Yukon?!

Just the fact that you have 7000 pounds behind you.  Yes, some ramps are relatively steep, but I'd never say "too steep".  I don't screw around with tires, when they are worn I replace them.  So relatively new tires with plenty of tread.  How do you avoid it?  Electric brakes are my answer. ;) 

1 hour ago, Sparky450 said:

And I second that. Granted our ramp is very steep and you cannot back straight into it. I pull with a Ram 3500 LB CC 4wd, loaded with tools. My trucks usually sit about 2 inches lower that others because of the weight in them. I will not launch my 25LSV without 4 wheel drive. My 25 has pulled me back on a few occasions. After the second time I have not forgot to put it in 4wd. Michelin tires in great shape.

Never had trouble with my truck.  But it is a CTD 3500 LB CC DRW 4x4.  I think the training wheels on the truck make the difference.

6 hours ago, ChadFulton said:

Where did you get your bimini? I just bought a 2001 and the bimini that acme with it is shot

I got it through the dealer in 2003.  If you still have the frame for yours, take it to a local canvas / interior shop and see if they can do it.

coldwater-echelon
9 hours ago, dashbrdhulagirl said:

@ChadFulton Check out Tower Biminis. They made one for our 96 VLX last year and did a great job!

Danny over at Tower Biminis made me a bimini for my modified T3 tower and it fits perfectly. Just make sure to measure several times....