Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seeing is believing...

bcoppess23

3 minutes ago, Sixer said:

I wonder if they will expand the MLX/VLX series at some point to include a 23' version of each boat.  Similar to the older V-Ride series.

I don’t see that happening. The VLX is due for an update. For 2022 I could maybe see them eliminating the VLX and renaming it a 21 LSV like they did with the 22 VLX. Although, I also think this would eliminate the “value” boat that the VLX represents.  
Like others have said, the virtual show makes the most sense for the email.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hemmy said:

Although, I also think this would eliminate the “value” boat that the VLX represents.

Malibu could  only sell completely optioned boats right now, and they would be oversubscribed.  Word from deealers and mfgs. at the virtual Toronto Boat Show is that they are 25-50% oversold and that if you have not  placed a deposit on a boat you'll e lucky to see one this year.  Sales are up a phenomenal amount.  And since most boats sold in Canada are made in the US, it'll be like the vaccine:  they will all go to Florida.  ;)

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Hemmy said:

I don’t see that happening. The VLX is due for an update. For 2022 I could maybe see them eliminating the VLX and renaming it a 21 LSV like they did with the 22 VLX. Although, I also think this would eliminate the “value” boat that the VLX represents.  
Like others have said, the virtual show makes the most sense for the email.

I agree.  I could almost see that the VLX/MLX series is renamed to LSV and the value branded Axis may gain the models like the 21VLX/MLX with less features.  

But who knows.......

On 1/25/2021 at 4:01 PM, djheywood said:

Maybe I’m the only one but I dislike the walkthrough a great deal.  The sun pad area on my 2020 23 MXZ is smaller due to the fiberglass “frame” around the pad, and getting into the warming tray is now a complete pain in the a** as you have to lift both engine covers and the walkthrough.  I specifically ordered a 2021 25 LSV to get one with the large sun area before they ruin it like the rest of the lineup.  

something for everyone, but my rear sun vinyl looked good as new after 11 years on an 08 LSV.  Walkthroughs aren’t needed for my family and use.  I would prefer if it was a option but I realize that’s a logistical upper mold nightmare.  

My dad has an '01 VLX and the sunpad still looks brand new.  I never got the walkthrough idea either.  That's everyone's favorite spot to lay at the sand bar.

Put me down also for accurate colors on the boat builder!  :)

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

That is pretty cool.  Especially since our local dealer doesn't have all their in stock boats at the showroom typically due to lack of space.

Why spend so much time and effort into marketing your product, when every unit that you (literally) throw together is sold out for almost a year?

If I were King Malibu making all the decisions, I'd spend my "computer nerd effort" equity on jamming more quality people in the building to get 5% more boats out of production and into the market. Fill the actual showrooms. 

• Like 3
On 1/23/2021 at 5:25 PM, hethj7 said:

I would assume an announcement this soon isn't related to a 2022 model.   I am very interested if the 25 will get an update for 22 or it will be 23.    I'm getting the itch, but the new dash alone isn't enough to get me out of my 19.   Plus my wife may love our current boat more than me!

We have a 19 25 lsv and we love it too. There really isn't much that is going to get me out of it except 500+ hours that will be reached at the end of this season. 

While that VR is cool.. I think they could improve it more.  Having more camera positions in the boat (bow, helm, platform, etc), having more "feature" buttons to read and explain functionality/options, would all help the user experience.  The thing about a real boat show is being able to get your hands on the actual product and having someone there to explain how that product/feature/function works and why it stands out.   I am thinking, in the driver's seat position, if looking at the dash, you have an option to read additional features with the screen on the left, what it can do, what purpose it serves, what is "new" about it, those would be cool.  The same would hold true for the center screen.  Then, where the current camera position is inside the boat, when facing the rear seats, have an icon that can show the various options available, the flip down seats, the sliding rear bench table, the walk-over cushion, and the hinged seats.  Explain those are all options and potentially even show them being moved/used.

Still, a pretty cool first draft and ability to see the same boat in a few different colors is cool.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

While that VR is cool.. I think they could improve it more.  Having more camera positions in the boat (bow, helm, platform, etc), having more "feature" buttons to read and explain functionality/options, would all help the user experience.  The thing about a real boat show is being able to get your hands on the actual product and having someone there to explain how that product/feature/function works and why it stands out.   I am thinking, in the driver's seat position, if looking at the dash, you have an option to read additional features with the screen on the left, what it can do, what purpose it serves, what is "new" about it, those would be cool.  The same would hold true for the center screen.  Then, where the current camera position is inside the boat, when facing the rear seats, have an icon that can show the various options available, the flip down seats, the sliding rear bench table, the walk-over cushion, and the hinged seats.  Explain those are all options and potentially even show them being moved/used.

Still, a pretty cool first draft and ability to see the same boat in a few different colors is cool.

Completely agree, it's great to see them start down this path but they need to have a better walkthrough system where you can zoom/slide to different parts of the boat. I'm sure it's not as simple as that since these are all computer depictions of the dealer's actual inventory.

The other nice thing I noticed - MSRP details are there for everyone to see and compare. That's super useful when planning for a custom build. Maybe there won't be artificial inflation of the gel coat upgrade costs between dealers anymore? If there are differences, you can bet the r/tmc crowd will point those out.   

@NWBU Are the boats unique to each dealer?  I am curious what dealer/region they are showing for mine.

I don't like that I have to enter my information each time I want to hang out in the showroom... but, hey that is just me.

2 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

@NWBU Are the boats unique to each dealer?  I am curious what dealer/region they are showing for mine.

I don't like that I have to enter my information each time I want to hang out in the showroom... but, hey that is just me.

Yep, you're seeing what the local dealer has in stock, based on your zip code, and presumably the boats they're expecting to get in stock shortly. It took me a minute to figure out why the 23 LSV was all white, which doesn't show well at all in VR. Then I saw there was another green 23 LSV, which I'd seen on their IG page and a couple 22 LSVs that looked familiar.  

Edited by NWBU
3 minutes ago, NAW said:

The VR showroom and the boats your local dealer has in stock are unrelated.

Actually the boats at my showroom are the ones at the local dealer.  If you scroll down a bit there's a list of dealers that have the virtual option showing their boats in stock.  Not all dealers have it yet.  If you go into a virtual showroom they put you in the dealer closest to your zip code who has the virtual experience.

I like it.  Always room for improvement and more options, but there's some pretty good camera work going on for as many boats as they go through.

20 minutes ago, Sixer said:

Actually the boats at my showroom are the ones at the local dealer.  If you scroll down a bit there's a list of dealers that have the virtual option showing their boats in stock.  Not all dealers have it yet.  If you go into a virtual showroom they put you in the dealer closest to your zip code who has the virtual experience.

I like it.  Always room for improvement and more options, but there's some pretty good camera work going on for as many boats as they go through.

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't see that and hadn't heard anything about that.

On 1/24/2021 at 1:58 PM, Eagleboy99 said:

Malibu could  only sell completely optioned boats right now, and they would be oversubscribed.  Word from deealers and mfgs. at the virtual Toronto Boat Show is that they are 25-50% oversold and that if you have not  placed a deposit on a boat you'll e lucky to see one this year.  Sales are up a phenomenal amount.  And since most boats sold in Canada are made in the US, it'll be like the vaccine:  they will all go to Florida.  ;)

Ditto for the entire industry, all dealers for most brands are getting builds axed off their totals. Supply chain issues, parts shortages and crazy demand. Many boat mfgs put off newer 21 updates till 2022. 

Going to be a lot of new boat owners struggling to find boat lifts as well if they haven't pulled trigger already. 

25 walkover kills the mx IMO. They need to recoup that investment. 

27lsv w/ walkover and extending/oversized/lowering platform to lower in water or raise out of wake

Edited by The Hulk
2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

27lsv w/ walkover and extending/oversized/lowering platform to lower in water or raise out of wake

PowerPlatform (tm) - you heard it here first.  :)

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I'll go against the grain - can't wait for the 25 with the walk through.  :biggrin:  That would get us to one sooner than later.

Yea I'd probably upgrade as well with walkthrough and if they open up floor plan like 1st gen as well.. new ones no floor space.

Also thinking it's time for updated dash design. Maybe integrate screen a bit more into the dash for cleaner appearance better visibility rather than a swivel screen plopped on top. 

Edited by The Hulk