Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seeing is believing...

bcoppess23

1 hour ago, wdr said:

Don’t know if it is  true or not. I was told by my dealer that the 22 MXZ was a possibly making a come back and a walk over in the 25. Guess we will see.

What would be the point of a walk-over in the 25?

22 minutes ago, wdr said:

This is for 2022 not 2021

I would assume an announcement this soon isn't related to a 2022 model.   I am very interested if the 25 will get an update for 22 or it will be 23.    I'm getting the itch, but the new dash alone isn't enough to get me out of my 19.   Plus my wife may love our current boat more than me!

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, wdr said:

Demand. Evidently I am not the only one who really likes the practicality of a walk over. I haven’t run into anyone who has bad mouthed it. That has been true on any of the big 4 models my friends have, quite to the contrary actually. Especially with the optional cushion to turn it into a full sun pad. It now appears that the flip up sun pad cushions is the last thing that Malibu hasn’t offered yet. The dealer was also telling me that they are seeing more of a demand for 25s than 23s and a walk over is very attractive to a number of people. Maybe enough to get them into a 25 from a 23? There appears to very few other builders who don’t offer a walk over in their comparable offerings. If you look at the Malibu line up in the past few years the distinctions between the models have been disappearing. 23 MXZs now, the 24 MXZs with the 25 LSV interior layout. The 25 LSV flip over table available on 23, 24, 25 models. The only unicorn is the 240 right now. It may not happen, but it would put me in a 25 over a new 23.

The 2021 23 LSV already has the walkover, but I agree with you that everyone else is doing it so Malibu has to get on board. I’ve been wanting the walkover for years, back before the ill-conceived stomp pads on the 2018.

13 minutes ago, Tjards said:

I highly doubt it is a new model release. My best guess would be some type of virtual boat show. Most boat shows have been canceled and other brands have been releasing virtual boat shows so its the only thing that I can think of.

Makes sense as there is only going to be “in dealership boat shows” down here.

I agree with the boat show idea. "Seeing" the models online.  If you check out the Mastercraft page they have a cool virtual reality setup where you can walk through all the models. 

And on that terrible disappointment.... (Jeremy Clarkson voice)

I was really hoping for a new model (or 22MXZ refresh), but I guess they probably wouldn’t release something like that until later in the season.  

1 minute ago, hunter77ah said:

And on that terrible disappointment.... (Jeremy Clarkson voice)

I was really hoping for a new model (or 22MXZ refresh), but I guess they probably wouldn’t release something like that until later in the season.  

Agreed.. Now that email isn't as exciting.. haha. 

I wonder if they will ever expand the MLX/VLX series at some point to include a 23' version of each boat.  Similar to the older V-Ride series.

Edited by Sixer