Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing fuel lines, prime them?

Hi all.   In the middle of a total refurb.   Replacing nearly every hose and line.   For those who have replaced the fuel lines on a DD, did you prime the feed line when you installed it or was it left dry?   
it’s about an 8’ run to the fuel pump so wondering about the pump being able to pull that.   I don’t want to be playing with gas in my new interior if I don’t have to.  

Mine wasn't a DD, but I'd assume the process is the same.  After all fuel lines are tight, "key up" (key to ON for 3 seconds) several times to fill the lines. 

• Like 2

Yep, I replaced the lines in our old dd. Primed right up after a few key cycles, like formulaben suggests. You’ll be able to hear the difference in the pump when it finally primes.

3 hours ago, ROFF said:

Thanks guys.   I won’t worry about it then.   

No prime needed on fuel lines.   It is a good time to run new battery cables.  I went thru the boat rehab a few years ago.  I think I replaced almost everything that could be replaced.  I replaced the fuel pump sender when I had the gas tank out which did not improve the accuracy at all.

Surprisingly my sender is accurate and the tank had zero contaminants in it.    I hear you about the cables.   After the refurbish I will be adding a second battery and that will basically start the deep dive into the electrical system.   

18 hours ago, ROFF said:

Surprisingly my sender is accurate and the tank had zero contaminants in it.    I hear you about the cables.   After the refurbish I will be adding a second battery and that will basically start the deep dive into the electrical system.   

@shawndoggy  sent me to THIS PLACE for custom length battery cables 

• Like 2