Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1993 Mistere Euro f3

Philmk

I'm new to the site and new to Malibu boats as well.  I have owned a couple of Correct Crafts in the past and am hoping you all can help educate me on a Malibu I'm interested in.   https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/603880806958168/ I am looking at a 1993 Mistere Euro f3.  I'm most interested in the handling/performance.  We are not slalom skiers.  We do a little wakeboarding and mostly tubing.  My son is 16 and he and his friends like pretty intense rides.  So, I understand the Mistere is a longer boat than the Skier model.  It also looks like it sits very low in the back.  Can anyone shed some light on how this boat would perform for this type of use?  Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

This is not  a wakeboard boat.  Lots of wood in it, so check for rot.

That is correct, but a true wakeboard boat is a V-drive and will be at least twice that price, probably more like $20k with a new interior.  You can definitely wakeboard behind that boat without any weight.  So yes it's a good boat for wakeboarding, and a great boat for tubing.  With the rope attached to the pylon you'll be amazed at how you can swing it around and put that tube exactly where you want it on either side of the wake.

Also true on the wood - check the engine mounts for tightness...if they spin without grabbing then the stringers need replacement and that's another $8k or something to fix, not a small job.  Personally, I'd never buy another wood-based boat again.  You can get a 100% no-wood Echelon (starting in '93) or 95 and newer Sunsetter for $10k to $13k with a decent interior.

Thanks for the input.  I'm really wondering how it turns and performs.  I have driven both ski boats and wakeboard boats.  They turn very differently.  Looking for something that handles like a true ski boat.  Any feedback on that aspect?

It'll behave  like  a ski boat.  Modern ones track better, but this will be easy to drive.  A friend had one, and it was fun to drive.  I don't recall if it would do a "bat turn" though.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I owned one of those for about 6 years, the boat in my avatar pic.. Fun to drive, turns great like all inboards with tracking fins. The enclosed teak deck actually helps make a great ski wake, especially for barefooting. Pulling a tube will be great, wakeboarding is decent if you add a ballast bag on or under the back seat. Lots of room for a direct drive.  Definitely check the wood stringers as Michigan Boarder said. We just moved into a VLX for surfing as the Mystere just wasn't able to do it because of the enclosed stern shape. Just no way to get a decent wave even with ballast and a suck gate.