Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Black gel coat water line

I have some staining/oxidation on black gel coat that is under the water line. You can still see it when on trailer after using rotatory buffer, wool pad and 3M color restorer and a few other products. It's not bad im just picky. It's looks almost like fog inside the gel coat.

Any help would be great--thinking maybe a wet sand but if some magical product exists--even better. Thank you!!! 2015, 22 VLX

Rumor has it that a toilet bowl cleaner called The Works does a great job on removing stains from white boats.  Make sure you it doesn't get onto the trailer or any stainless steel. It will peel paint if you don't wipe it off immediately.  Toilet bowl cleaner is illegal to use for anything other than cleaning toilets. These pictures are of a friends boat on a lake with water that stains anything that it touches. The side use to be the same side as the back

IMG_20200516_120921.jpg

IMG_20200516_132218.jpg

IMG_20200516_132225.jpg

"The Works" toilet bowl cleaner works wonders for getting stains off of gel coat.   It's way cheaper than hull cleaner.   If that doesn't touch it, you can try Starbrite EZ ON EZ OFF.   Never used the Starbrite but I have heard it works really well, just never needed to spend the extra $$ because the toilet bowl cleaner does it for me.    I've also used some of this on hulls of a few boats I have restored.....its local here to NC, but I am sure you can find something similar.    https://majesticsolutions.com/product/kick-acid

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure you keep the trailer really wet while applying the acids or cleaners....also I'd suggest wearing long sleeves and pants as well as gloves.  And I'd keep your COVID mask on while spraying as well.