Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why are used 247’s so hard to find?

bass10a

I’m always on the hunt for 247 but very few come up for sale in ca.  Was it really that poor of a seller compared to the 23 or do people just tend to keep them longer?  If anyone is thinking of selling pm me.  Looking for all white or mostly white with some black accents.  Prefer the 8.1 but feel free to give feedback here too.  I had a guy selling one tell me he had a horrible 8.1 and bought the hammerhead on his next which was first I’d heard of going that direction 

Edited by bass10a

I have the 8.1 and I love it.  These were and still are great boats.  I think a lot of people are keeping them just because of boat prices.  I love mine and would not sell  . I had someone offer  me more than I paid for mine.... but I knew I would have to spend a whole lot more to get a newer boat.

• Like 2

I ended up with a '07 247 towards the end of last summer and really like it.  Sold my '18 23 LSV earlier in the summer and was going to get a '20, but by the time the money cleared, 10 day holds, etc all dealers were sold out of new inventory.

I have the 383 Hammerhead and feel like it is plenty of power were I am at near sea level.  The wake is longer and just as good as the '18 23 LSV I had. Only difference is I  now just have to work a little harder by manually filling some bags and using a Swell wakeshaper.

For the right price, it could be for sale....

The problem I would have is there won't be much, if any, 2021 inventory for me to replace it with and dealers around me are not discounting much at all since they don't have to.

20201010_143343.jpg

20201010_175658.jpg

20201010_145516.jpg

3 hours ago, jwl019 said:

I ended up with a '07 247 towards the end of last summer and really like it.  Sold my '18 23 LSV earlier in the summer and was going to get a '20, but by the time the money cleared, 10 day holds, etc all dealers were sold out of new inventory.

I have the 383 Hammerhead and feel like it is plenty of power were I am at near sea level.  The wake is longer and just as good as the '18 23 LSV I had. Only difference is I  now just have to work a little harder by manually filling some bags and using a Swell wakeshaper.

For the right price, it could be for sale....

The problem I would have is there won't be much, if any, 2021 inventory for me to replace it with and dealers around me are not discounting much at all since they don't have to.

20201010_143343.jpg

20201010_175658.jpg

20201010_145516.jpg

Sorry to hijack, but what is your surf setup? I’ve been trying to dial in my 247.

1 hour ago, burider said:

Sorry to hijack, but what is your surf setup? I’ve been trying to dial in my 247.

This summer Wakemakers had everything on backorder so had to use what I had and could borrow from friends.  It will change up some once my Black Friday purchases come in (piggyback kit with 1140's and a 300# U shaped bag for under the seats in the bow).

I had all stock full, both rear and center (my 247 doesn't have the bow tank).

Had a buddies 900# Craz stock sacs in each rear locker and a 650# sac across the back on the floor up against the seats, a 150# sac on top of the bow seats pushed over to the surf side, and a Swell wakeshaper.

I used a 400# sac in the bow before the 150# and the wave was really long but not as tall. I think around 200-250# would be a perfect mix of length and height.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:36 PM, bass10a said:

I’m always on the hunt for 247 but very few come up for sale in ca.  Was it really that poor of a seller compared to the 23 or do people just tend to keep them longer?  If anyone is thinking of selling pm me.  Looking for all white or mostly white with some black accents.  Prefer the 8.1 but feel free to give feedback here too.  I had a guy selling one tell me he had a horrible 8.1 and bought the hammerhead on his next which was first I’d heard of going that direction 

Where are you located?

Right now we have a super clean all white 07 23lsv I picked up last summer with 200hrs. Glad to get out of my mastercraft 230vrs and into a bu it it’s miles ahead.  I couldn’t pass up this amazing deal but I’m still on the hunt for the right 247.  I pretty much look at every state from here to Missouri and there just isn’t a whole lot out there. Not a whole lot of anything I suppose but 247 is for sure scarcer. 

1 hour ago, Tjards said:

I just got this one in on trade. Pm me your info and I would be happy to chat and answer any questions.

https://www.taylorsboats.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=9844131&p=2&s=Year&d=D&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

If i were in the market for 'best boat for 80K', I would definitely be considering this.  

The short answer to the OP question is that the 247 was the best boat Malibu made in those years.  It makes it hard to sell because you know anything but a new 25 is going to be hard to swallow.  

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

My buddy has a 2014 247 with surf gates and corvette LS3 motor.  Amazing boat, excellent hull design for wake and surf.  He bought it brand new and has kept it near showroom condition.  The reason why he hasn't sold it is because when he purchased it, he was around $100k iirc into it custom ordered.  In order to replace it, he would have to upgrade to a 25lsv or even a 240.  That price point is hard to swallow when you consider that the 247 is paid off, still performing great, and seemingly gaining in value.  I hope he gets the itch though because I would be first in line to buy it.  I honestly think that 247/LS3 combo is hard to beat.  great power, very reliable, and easy to find parts.

• Like 2
On 1/15/2021 at 8:41 PM, wakebrdr94 said:

What year 247 are you looking for?  And no, it wasn’t a horrible seller, it continued as the 25LSV

It may not have been a horrible seller... but it does seem like back when the 247 was around people preferred the 23LSV.  When the 25LSV came out people jumped from the 23 to the 25... something about the new 25 pulled people up that the 247 could not.  I have always wondered why the old 247 didn't get as much love as the new 25 designs (compared to the 23.)