Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Axis warning stickers

MystiikVLX

I see people posting pictures of their new boats and in the walkway leading to the bow it looks like there are several stickers/labels.

Does anyone know what they say and can they be removed? I can't find a good picture of them to post.

2 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Capacity card is done by a third party. Boats are not required to have it. FWIW

That is correct in this case (specific boat in question) but CFR - Title 33 Sec 183 applies to smaller boats (<20 ft) that must display said capacity sticker.  Like for an older  ProStar @ 19'6".  

I think there are several states that also require a Carbon Monoxide warning sticker/label. Our boat had one under the handle near the swim platform AND up near the capacity placard inside the boat. I removed the one near the platform handle as it was crooked and ugly. 

Edited by formerathlete
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dg52george said:

I’d love to see more pics of your boat.  Does the vinyl in you boat get hot?

he just got the boat and hasn't used it in heat 

On 2/1/2021 at 12:52 AM, Dg52george said:

I’d love to see more pics of your boat.  Does the vinyl in you boat get hot?

Thats not my boat. Mine is on order. I don't have any experience with that color vinyl.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:20 PM, dcarl said:

I removed most of mine accept capacity and a few others.  I especially hated the california emissions mine had on the outer hull. 

Yeah, that's coming off mine as soon as it arrives.  I have no need for it.

About a week after I took delivery of my used a22, I noticed something was a bit off. The plate said it was an A20 with the lower capacity number. For a very brief moment I thought the dealer had tricked me out of two feet. They sent the correct plate, but I was left with some unanswered questions.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Yeah, that's coming off mine as soon as it arrives.  I have no need for it.

Me too.  No way all that crap stays on.  I love NASCAR but I don't need all the co-sponsors.  I'll keep the NMMA capacity plate.  That would be it.  

ahopkins22LSV
30 minutes ago, abovewater said:

About a week after I took delivery of my used a22, I noticed something was a bit off. The plate said it was an A20 with the lower capacity number. For a very brief moment I thought the dealer had tricked me out of two feet. They sent the correct plate, but I was left with some unanswered questions.

That plate is from a third party organization. Sounds like the wrong plate was put on the boat. What other questions do you have?

Just now, ahopkinsVTX said:

That plate is from a third party organization. Sounds like the wrong plate was put on the boat. What other questions do you have?

My question really boiled down to how nobody had noticed. I was the second owner, so either the previous owner hadn't noticed(or cared) for two years, or the previous owner had taken it off and the dealer had replaced it with the wrong plate. Neither myself nor anyone in my family had noticed it either. Ultimately it was a good reminder that people aren't paying much attention to those  plates. Also, I think in MN they are required.

Antone else notice the irony of owners wanting to remove a 3x4 decal when there are ones the size of the Florida panhandle on the sides?  ;)  (J/k...  I find all those stickers annoying AF, too.)

On 1/17/2021 at 8:44 AM, malibudog said:

I know someone who cut the tags off their mattress - and survived!

Whenever I see one of these it always makes me think of Pee Wee's Big Adventure.  Where the escaped convict he meets was in prison for cutting a tag off a mattress. 

spacer.png 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Whenever I see one of these it always makes me think of Pee Wee's Big Adventure.  Where the escaped convict he meets was in prison for cutting a tag off a mattress. 

spacer.png 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 months later...
ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, Msudogs93 said:

How would y’all recommend getting them off?  Hair dryer?  Do they just peel off?

They peel off pretty easy on their own. Hair dryer would be fine though. A little goo gone after then some cleaner and then wax is my process.