Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Center seat step modification

Brichter14

My 23 lsv has a center cushion that everybody steps on when climbing to the back of the boat. This past year I had it reupholstered and want to preserve it some. So on days when it’s not needed as a seat (full boat) I decided to make a step. I’m getting my boat new Gatorstep foam for the swim platform, transom seat, sunpad walkthrough and this step. I am also debating on putting cup holders in it because I HATE the cup holders on the side of the gunwale. Do you guys foresee any issues with putting cup holders in here or have any other suggestions to make this better? 

EEkAvhY.jpg

I dig it.  My first thought when seeing the pic (before reading) was it would be slippery with wet feet but I see you have it sorted with Gatorstep on the way.  

The only issue I could see with the cup holders would be a foot landing in one which would probably hurt if you were stepping down.  

57 minutes ago, martinarcher said:

I dig it.  My first thought when seeing the pic (before reading) was it would be slippery with wet feet but I see you have it sorted with Gatorstep on the way.  

The only issue I could see with the cup holders would be a foot landing in one which would probably hurt if you were stepping down.  

I agree about the cupholders.  They could be bad.  I have thought about doing this in my boat as well.

I had the same issues on my 2010 when I sold her and thought I should remedy the problem before it occurred on my ‘19. I had some extra Sunbrella from my old Bimini that was replaced on the ‘10. 3” of closed cell foam, fleece backer from an old blanket, 2” black nylon strap, a run of Velcro to be able to pull the foam and wash the cover and 2 Fastex clips later I had a clip on solution. This cover has kept this cushion the best looking vinyl in the boat! The Sunbrella sheds the water great and I don’t even give it a second thought bouncing on and off the cushion which would of made me cringe on a any other cushion seam.

2EDF637B-BE24-4BDD-B623-1A62BED4170D.jpeg