Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for a clean used 23' LSV 2016 and newer...

BlackCat

Looking for a clean, lightly used 23' LSV - 2016 and newer.  Any suggestions of solid Malibu dealers out there (in the US) with fair pricing and inventory that don't generally list their pre-owned inventory on the common national websites (OnlyInboards, FB MarketPlace, etc.) - but have their pre-owned inventory listed on their website(s)?   Any suggestions would be much appreciated...thanks!  Cheers!  

Just went through a long search for this.  Craigslist, search tempest (nationwide CL search), onlyinboards, and boattrader.com

Lots of Facebook groups for wake/malibu boats for sale too. 

Good luck.  

Just an FYI depending on which engine the boat comes with, a 2016 with the Raptor engine is quite a bit louder than a 2017 or newer.  The '17/18's added some insulation around the engine which quieted it down quite a bit.  Our friends had a '16 with the Raptor and the engine noise while surfing was pretty loud with engine RPM's over 4000.    

If you find something even remotely close to what you want you better jump on it. I have been down to the dealer a couple times in the last 3 weeks and even the used boats are screaming out of their inventory.

Most used inboards/v drives are sold long before they even consider posting them online at my dealer. Your better off calling dealers direct and finding out what they have or have coming.

ive seem some sold at other local dealers within hours of being dropped off for trade. A dealer close to the lake we frequent had 4 guys wash, wipe down, vacuum a boat while the service guys changed fluids. It was traded in, sold and delivered to new owner same day. Used market is crazy. 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, ndahlberg12 said:

Most used inboards/v drives are sold long before they even consider posting them online at my dealer. Your better off calling dealers direct and finding out what they have or have coming.

ive seem some sold at other local dealers within hours of being dropped off for trade. A dealer close to the lake we frequent had 4 guys wash, wipe down, vacuum a boat while the service guys changed fluids. It was traded in, sold and delivered to new owner same day. Used market is crazy. 

I saw a '17, 23 LVS down here at my dealer @170hr boat that was nice that didn't last a week. Even the bigger used MXZs don't last. I was also told that new 25's are now becoming more in demand than the 23's.

Edited by wdr
  • Like 2

@BlackCat

I have a buddy that was trying to sell his 2015 23 LSV this past fall. It has the LS3 motor and somewhere around 470 hours. He takes excellent care of it and it is garaged year round.

I could check with him and see if it's still for sale, if you're interested?

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Kojak said:

@BlackCat

I have a buddy that was trying to sell his 2015 23 LSV this past fall. It has the LS3 motor and somewhere around 470 hours. He takes excellent care of it and it is garaged year round.

I could check with him and see if it's still for sale, if you're interested?

@Kojak

Thanks, but I'm looking for newer.  Appreciate it though.  

15 minutes ago, qbeam said:

I have a 2019 that I am selling. It has the 450. Let me know if you are interested.

@qbeam

Interested in details...thanks!  

make sure the seller is the only owner if you care about the warranty transfer and know that engine and boat warranty transfer fees will be extra cash after purchase

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Greg_S said:

make sure the seller is the only owner if you care about the warranty transfer and know that engine and boat warranty transfer fees will be extra cash after purchase

I was really surprised to find out that the warranty transfer can only be done from the original buyer to the second owner and not transferred again to a third owner.  

On 1/13/2021 at 2:09 PM, CharlieBeaU said:

Out of curiousity, what's your budget? Sorry if I missed that above.

@CharlieBeaU

Depends on year and options, but $105K on the top end.  Thanks!  

On 1/14/2021 at 11:37 AM, BlackCat said:

@CharlieBeaU

Depends on year and options, but $105K on the top end.  Thanks!  

Sounds good. I have decided to keep my 2017 for at least another season. I really like the 2017 and, having owned a 2014 as well, highly recommend the '17 in particular for that generation of 23 LSV. Good luck with your search. I know it's a little crazy out there right now for buyers. To be honest that's why I'm holding on to my 2017. Always happy to share thoughts too if you want to PM me.

On 1/14/2021 at 9:50 AM, Surf4FamFun said:

I was really surprised to find out that the warranty transfer can only be done from the original buyer to the second owner and not transferred again to a third owner.  

AND lifetime hull warranty is first owner only! not transferrable

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Depends on the year of the boat.

????? this has come up a lot.  answer is always the same, is this a very old MY? or a new MY policy? and why would they honor that without a fee.  never heard of that fee in a transfer warranty discussion on this sight

Selling this one for a friend of mine.  2017 23LSV, single owner, 450 motor, he was the original owner, titles in hand.  I work for a dealer, but this is a side sale for a friend.  Can handle inspection and warranty transfer if needed

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2017-Malibu-23LSV-Wakesetter-with-6.2-450-for-sale-Yorba-Linda-California-117699.aspx

Edited by wakebrdr94
On 1/15/2021 at 8:00 PM, wakebrdr94 said:

Selling this one for a friend of mine.  2017 23LSV, single owner, 450 motor, he was the original owner, titles in hand.  I work for a dealer, but this is a side sale for a friend.  Can handle inspection and warranty transfer if needed

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2017-Malibu-23LSV-Wakesetter-with-6.2-450-for-sale-Yorba-Linda-California-117699.aspx

I love that boat. Great colors. I'm sure that will move fast.