Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Theft while in storage

kosar

The facility where we store our boat (2013 Wakesetter LSV 23) had a break in and our boat was the one chosen for theft.  They stole most of the equpment from the locker (what we call the closet).  Batteries, amps and... the "and" is where I'm hoping I can get some help.  Audio is not my thing and I know there were 5 pieces of equipment attached to the side wall.  The only thing left is the smaller box closest to the lift up closet door.  I believe the 3 upper pieces were Rockford Fosgate amps and then below that was a more rectangle piece of equipment.  I'm hoping someone out there has a photo or at least knows what I'm talking about.  They also got the subwoofer, cables from glovebox (most important is that coax to apple connector) and of all things the lights, front to back, off the trailer.  Getting the call from our storage place was 2 days before New Year so it was a 2020 parting gift :).  I know it's kind of a wierd one but any help would be greatly appreciated.  Insurance guy is coming to look at the boat Wednesday 1/13 and I'm hoping to have our list of all items missing items by then.  Thanks    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q3q5uBB1NEtN1hHG6  or  https://share.icloud.com/photos/0D1oMiXeTrTiTBKkwDn2HWeTg

ACtC-3fPMcL5xI84hxFBNwyIFTYazCee2pCOLIsB

• Sad 1
41 minutes ago, kosar said:

Also any idea how to upload a photo. I created a URL from iCloud but the site doesn’t seem to like it. 

Just paste the url in the box you type your message. 👍 or become a supporting member of the site 🤷‍♀️

Major bummer - sorry to hear what happened.

I'm not an Apple user but from the link above I can't seem to find a URL to the actual pic you posted.  It looks like iCloud is wrapping the pic itself in a nice little website wrapper....most likely to prevent them from being used as a photo hosting site.

On a side note, be sure to add power cabling and speaker cabling to the list if the cut off wire the thieves left you won't reach the terminals of the amps after they are back in place.  

5 minutes ago, martinarcher said:

I'm not an Apple user but from the link above I can't seem to find a UEL to the actual pic you posted.  It looks like iCloud is wrapping the pic itself in a nice little website wrapper....most likely to prevent them from being used as a photo hosting site.

Works fine for me.  At least they did not trash your boat.  LAst time my car was  robbed, the miscreants cut the wires.  Seriously?  Who does that?

Edited by Eagleboy99
Answering my own question...

His link works fine but I'm saying I can't find a link to the actual pic on the iCloud site....

ie http:///iCoud....something.jpg

The crew's software needs a link to the raw image to show it in a post.

Gotchya.  The iCloud link worked fine for me when I clicked it.  I though that is where you had the problem viewing.  It looks to me like the wires were cut.  I would  not settle for splices - get it wired correctly.

3 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Works fine for me.  At least they did not trash your boat.  LAst time my car was  robbed, the miscreants cut the wires.  Seriously?  Who does that?

Honestly you're right, at least they did not trash the boat.  We live in the snow so have until MAy to get it back together as well.

2 minutes ago, kosar said:

Thanks for the reply and the heads up on the cabling.  I inserted a google photo link and hopefullt that'll work.

I got that one to work fine (I edited your first post).  For future reference if you click on the image to open the large pic (In GPhotos), the right click the image and select "Copy image address", that will snag the URL to the actual image.  Paste that in your post and you'll see it as above.

1 minute ago, martinarcher said:

I got that one to work fine (I edited your first post).  For future reference if you click on the image to open the large pic (In GPhotos), the right click the image and select "Copy image address", that will snag the URL to the actual image.  Paste that in your post and you'll see it as above.

Thank you for the help.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jtryon said:

why the hell would they take trailer lights?? 

The only theory I've heard that would make sense is... they took the 2 batteries and trailer light to illuminate a homeless camp somewhere in the area.  

10 minutes ago, kosar said:

The only theory I've heard that would make sense is... they took the 2 batteries and trailer light to illuminate a homeless camp somewhere in the area.  

With a booming stereo!  LOL

• Haha 2

The charger I do not think was OEM in 2013, so pick out a 2-bank marine onboard charger of your liking. Id go with a 20A model.

Group-24 marine cranking and deep-cycle for your batteries. 

In-boat speakers were driven by a 400/4 4 channel amp. 

The woofer was a 4 ohm single voice coil 12". Its amp was likely a 300/2 2 channel amp, but Malibu has also used a 400/2 in some years. If you do replace with the OEM equivalent, Id go with a 500/2 amp

The tower speaker amp was likely a 500/2 2 channel amp.  

dont forget about wiring and connectors that were taken/destroyed.  That stuff adds up QUICK.  Also, you may need to contact a local company that would be doing the install.  That could run several hundred.

The same thing happened to me a few years back with my 2015 VLX. I would get the boat into your dealer and let them quote out repair cost because they will be the most expensive. Also, when they ripped all the battery cables it shorted out the main command center and I ended up having that replaced it so I would make sure you have your dealer power your boat back up before you complete your claim. It ended up costing my insurance 12.5 to make my boat right.

And I'd look into better security at the storage site.  A friend had all his stereo stuff taken TWICE - the theives came back for the new stuff.  The boat was at a private dock with cameras, but they came in at night on canoes (how Canadian, eh?) and got the replacements.

How was your boat stored?  Was it in doors or out in an open lot?  If indoors, did they bust your lock and get in?  I am in the process of considering moving my boat closer to my house and will have a single unit storage unit for the boat.  Hearing stuff like this concerns me.  Best of luck on getting it all replaced.