Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
bretcole

Would you run a 2012 Axis A20 with Salt Series Package in the Puget Sound

bretcole

So in about 2 to 3 years my parents are thinking of moving up to the pacific Northwest and buying a house on the Puget Sound. They are inboard people and have a max price of 50000. Using NADA values the only thing they would be able to afford is 2012 Axis A20 with Salt Series Package. Any thoughts?

Edited by bretcole

Pnwrider

Salt series boats are few and far between, I’d be surprised if you can even find a 2012 a20 with the salt package. Most people buying the a20 do so due to lake restrictions and wouldn’t have ordered the salt package.

Personally, I wouldn’t go that route. A20 is awfully small for the sound. Heck, I wouldn’t want an A20 on lake Washington... this is what the guide poles looked like on my 5 year old fishing boat that I replaced over the weekend for reference on how hard the salt can be:

EFBEFC27-DA78-4D09-92BA-D4561EAAC028.jpeg

granddaddy55
21 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Salt series boats are few and far between, I’d be surprised if you can even find a 2012 a20 with the salt package. Most people buying the a20 do so due to lake restrictions and wouldn’t have ordered the salt package.

Personally, I wouldn’t go that route. A20 is awfully small for the sound. Heck, I wouldn’t want an A20 on lake Washington... this is what the guide poles looked like on my 5 year old fishing boat that I replaced over the weekend for reference on how hard the salt can be:

EFBEFC27-DA78-4D09-92BA-D4561EAAC028.jpeg

it is all about the trailer, if you launch and retrieve regularly get a new painted galvanized trailer or just galvanized and then maintenance the boat ,  im betting the sound would be quite a rough and no fun ride for an a20.  my local lake is large but very shallow snd the short wave intervals make it a special day only trip when we have a south shore south wind of 8 or less .  his boat size is more of his problem than the salt.  the salt is damaging but to me salt waterways and intercoastals on the coast are awesome  

when my boat gets older i plan on  dragging it to the coast for vacations we no longer take with the boat because of it not being salt series,

i truly regret not getting a salt package because at the time in my14  it included a tricked out galvanized trailer that i paid $5000 for minus the tricked out part and i think was $10k or less