Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 VTX Tower Speakers

bwarning

Looking to purchase some tower speakers for my 2014 VTX.  I bought the boat last October and have hardly had more than 1 hour in it due to our boating season being over here in Wisconsin.  The boat is in storage and I have not had a ton of time to even look this thing over.  Here is what I know... it has a Rockford Fosgate stereo with 6 speakers throughout the boat now.  I would like to put two tower speakers on the G3 tower.  After doing a few quick searches via the internet I became overwhelmed with what to purchase.  Can someone simplify this???  I basically would like two tower speakers and I believe I will need an amp.  I would like to put something on the boat that Malibu would have used or currently uses.  

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, bwarning said:

I would like to put something on the boat that Malibu would have used or currently uses. 

Search the classified section. Lots of owners have removed the OEM shelves and 6x9 speakers. 

However,, depending on what you want out of a pair of tower speakers, traditional dome tweeter coaxials, may not get the job done. Do you want something for surf/party cove listening, wake range for a rider in tow, or best of both worlds? 

For surf and party cove listening, the OEM 6x9 are ok, as well as a pair of 8" or larger coaxial. For wake range, you want to move to an 8" or larger HLCD. For best of both in sound quality and wake range projection, id suggest a larger HLCD in the 10" or 11" range. 

Yes, you need an amp. Once thats going to deliver wattage in the upper ranges of the speaker's power handling. This helps deliver good clean sound, as well as volume to compete with wind, water and engine noise. 

Anything other the OEM setup, is going to require adapter in order to mount to the G3 tower.