Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat Day! 2021 LSV-23

guitarcrazy

21 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

I ordered the spare engine option.  I figured you have a spare tire on a car, so why not!  I wanted vapor blue but my wife convinced me that the darker blue was a better choice, and I am glad we did.  It really pops, especially on the Malibu logo.  I think seeing it in person I would probably have done the gray on all the parts with gray and silver flake.  It really looks good with the blue.  Could have saved some money on flake!  :-)

tenor.gif

Great looking boat!  Looks somewhat similar to our build.  I'll post pics in April when it finally melts a bit around here.  What's in all the boxes?  Is your flooring the darker graphite?  And the flake is the silver metallic?  

On 1/8/2021 at 9:26 AM, Sixer said:

Great looking boat!  Looks somewhat similar to our build.  I'll post pics in April when it finally melts a bit around here.  What's in all the boxes?  Is your flooring the darker graphite?  And the flake is the silver metallic?  

Thanks.  the boxes have the cover, racks, and other accessories.  The flooring is graphite, and the flake is machine silver metallic.  Honestly I think it would have looked great with non-metallic graphite as well. The dark blue and graphite really look great together.  Our boat stays on a lift all summer so I wanted something that wouldn't look so dirty all the time.  Our previous black and red boat always had water spots that made it look bad.  We are hoping the new lighter scheme will hide the water spots better.  

That is a great color scheme right there, even if it is blue;)

I think that boat is going to look good forever, and will be appealing to almost all potential buyers if you decide to sell in the future.  

Honestly, I think most color schemes look better in person than on the build a boat website.  Maybe it is the fact that I love boats, but I think it is true that most of the fretting about colors goes right out the window once you see it in real life.  It is kind of like being worried that your baby is going to be ugly...you usually just don't see it.  

• Like 3