Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

JBL Black Box Conversion

Need help. Considering changing from the JNL Blackbox to the Wetsounds WS-420 BT, but I want to keep all the remotes as is. Can this be done and where do i start? TIA.

This is for a 2008 Wakesetter 247 LSV

Most zone control/BT/EQ's do not support wired remotes, especially from different brands. So moving to anything else, will render the existing wired remotes, obsolete. 

If the existing unit is still functional, keep it, and put the BT/zone/EQ device in line to compliment it. 

If wires remotes, like on the transom, AM/FM tuner, USB and SAT are desired features, then a more traditional media system would be the way to go over a zone control/EQ as the main/base unit. 

Any suggestions or recommendations? I'd also like to get ride of my MUX switch on the starboard side, if possible and could put the new "head unit" there.

• 2 weeks later...