Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Other options than GatorStep or SeaDeck for Bow & Gunnels

Taffy

Hi all - I’m interested installing nonslip evo to the bow and gunnels on my 2012 vRide. I have a email into GatorStep however wondering if there are any other options out there? I see a few on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharpline-Boat-Deck-Track-151956-01-Malibu-Non-Skid-Set-of-7/402103487684?hash=item5d9f3c4cc4:g:4gAAAOSwbjpeTBma

However not my model (which is difficult to find anywhere) 

Any ideas to share? I saw the thread on buying and cutting the pad from Amazon but not sure if I want to go in that direction. 

Cheers! 

*EDIT - Don't buy this.  The black bleeds onto your feet when it's wet and then the dye tracks through the boat.

They make surf board stomp pads you can buy on amazon and cut to suit. 

https://us.amazon.com/ABAHUB-Non-Slip-Traction-Trimmable-Surfboard/dp/B07CWMR8B9/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Non-Slip+Traction+Pad+Deck+Grip+Mat+30in+x+20in+Trimmable+EVA+Sheet+3M+Adhesive+for+Boat+Kayak+Skimboard+Surfboard+SUP+Black%2FBlue%2FGray%2FWhite&qid=1609626096&sr=8-1

thumbnail_IMG_2988.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2986.jpg

Edited by riot138

Thanks - Any other options that are pre-cut? It’s the same hull as the 2005-2008 VLX however I can’t find anything for that either only the later models. 

• 3 weeks later...

The eBay link is different than what riot posted or the GatorStep or SeaDek. I did SeaDek when I first got my boat as GatorStep was not around then.  I bought a sheet of SeaDek and cut my own pieces to cover all the top portions of the hull where ever someone might step.  It held up extremely well.  I replaced that with GatorStep a couple years ago when there was a group buy.  The precut pieces in two colors with routed edges was a huge step up from what I cut but the quality seems similar.  Seems like there is a group buy at least once a year where you can get a good discount.  I did see the non-slip in the eBay link at a boat show one year and it was like sand paper and kind of looked cheap to me.  If I were buying a new boat I would go with the GatorStep without hesitation.  It is the price of a couple of tanks of fuel but will make entering and exiting the boat when wet much safer and also looks great to me.