Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Moving up form a 2004 LSV to a 2021 LSV - Any Tips?

zhuskers1

In comparison it is going to drive like a pig. My wife still complains about the difference between driving our 2010 and our 2019. The surf wave and getting it set up is going to be orders of magnitude better, quicker and easier to do. Especially if you ordered the pnp set up. With the walk over you will have an easier go of it than I do w/o the walk over from the swim deck to the interior. I am jelly about that. Otherwise it still feels like a Malibu and as far as my 10 to 19 build comparison was concerned, the same build practices/techniques. But hopefully the 2021s may have changed. Congrats

• Like 4

First off, congrats!

We recently went from a 2007 to a 2020, so very similar switch.  The boat is much deeper/heavier and as such harder to steer/dock/trailer.  Ours has the stern turn and we use it a TON, especially when docking and picking up surfers or dialing the boat in when you are about to pull one up.  With the 17" prop the boat wants to lean starboard so we purchased 300 pounds of weight in 25 pounds bags from wakeballast.com.  We have 50 pounds in the bow in the battery compartment, 50 pounds in the bow behind the subwoofer (have to remove bow storage compartment to place), and the other 200 pounds in the storage area by the observer's seat.  This improved the quality of the wave a lot, but we are still dialing in the goofy side and will go with maybe 90% ballast on the port side to improve the cleanliness.  Not sure if you are getting the M6, that is what our boat has and it has no problem with pulling anyone up...even at higher elevations.

Hope this helps!

JW  

• Like 2
On 12/29/2020 at 1:30 PM, JWBeav said:

First off, congrats!

We recently went from a 2007 to a 2020, so very similar switch.  The boat is much deeper/heavier and as such harder to steer/dock/trailer.  Ours has the stern turn and we use it a TON, especially when docking and picking up surfers or dialing the boat in when you are about to pull one up.  With the 17" prop the boat wants to lean starboard so we purchased 300 pounds of weight in 25 pounds bags from wakeballast.com.  We have 50 pounds in the bow in the battery compartment, 50 pounds in the bow behind the subwoofer (have to remove bow storage compartment to place), and the other 200 pounds in the storage area by the observer's seat.  This improved the quality of the wave a lot, but we are still dialing in the goofy side and will go with maybe 90% ballast on the port side to improve the cleanliness.  Not sure if you are getting the M6, that is what our boat has and it has no problem with pulling anyone up...even at higher elevations.

Hope this helps!

JW  

Very Helpful!!  Thank you!!  We did get the M6 and the Stern Turn.  First time I have heard about the lean to starboard issue - thank you for sharing.  We love on a small lake in Nebraska with small coves - I felt stern turn was a must.