Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordering 2021 A20 - Anyone want to compare costs & discounts?

Scoped

Hello - I am working with a dealer to purchase a 2021 Axis A20. To ensure my price is competitive with other dealers I would like to compare prices and discounts. If you are in a similar scenario, let me know! Happy to either post on this forum or discuss through DMs.

High level, my cost is looking like the following. I am happy to provide more details on the options.

Axis A20: 64,900

Options: 18,500

Discount: 14% (on boat & options only)

Trailer: 4,900

Dealer Costs: 3,200 (not including document fees)

I'm not in the market and wouldn't be a reliable opinion, but just looking at the quick math you're about $89k before taxes on an Axis A20. I could be wrong, but that seems pretty high. 

Imo, the trailer should be included in the boat/options quote. Even that seems a bit high for an A20. Trailer included in price before discount seems a bit more palatable. When we did our ‘19 A22 build in spring of 2019, there wasn’t a separate additional cost for the trailer.

Edited by formerathlete

I’m not sure how your dealer does business, but my dealer negotiates off the overall MSRP of boat, options, trailer. My dealer does not add any dealer fees, but they also do not include bags or any extras. I knew this going into my boat order, so I ordered my bags on Black Friday. If they are charging you extra fees I would want to know what comes with that fee.

14% off MSRP on an A20 is a decent deal, but it should be off the package, not just select items. You may be able to get an extra 1-2% off, but keep in mind the importance of a relationship with your dealer. Trying to get cut the dealer off at the knees may come back to haunt you later.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:35 PM, Scoped said:

Hello - I am working with a dealer to purchase a 2021 Axis A20. To ensure my price is competitive with other dealers I would like to compare prices and discounts. If you are in a similar scenario, let me know! Happy to either post on this forum or discuss through DMs.

High level, my cost is looking like the following. I am happy to provide more details on the options.

Axis A20: 64,900

Options: 18,500

Discount: 14% (on boat & options only)

Trailer: 4,900

Dealer Costs: 3,200 (not including document fees)

in Dec 13 for MY ‘14 when i got charged $5000 extra for trailer with no discount it was a painted galvanized tandem with brakes

If memory serves me right, I think they have to put a price on the trailer and have it as a separate line item for annual tax/registration purposes. That’s a pretty good price for that trailer so I think they are throwing in the discount on the trailer too. 

And what @ndahlberg12 said, especially if they are going to service your boat. After my dealer worked a great deal for us, I had Mexican food catered for sales + service crew. Cost me $180 and I end up with a lot peace of mind knowing they definitely have my back from here on out ;)