Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

beep beep worthless!

dalt1

One of the guys on the tige page was adding a compresor tank for inflatables and was planning on adding a train horn as well. Not sure how well a small tank will work for inflatables but should be great for a horn. 

For taking up less space there are a few options I’ve seen on Amazon thar are pretty compact and could easily be put in the drivers side front compartment. 

19 hours ago, oldjeep said:

What do you ever use the horn for?  You have a draw bridge where you boat?

18 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Train horn would still be fun and because sometimes they cant hear my finger!

The horn and finger work in unison on my boat.  I am out early and usually only a couple boats on the lake and several times some idiot manages to cut right in front of and across our line. They get the horn and finger and usually some choice words when I am driving.  Some people don’t know boating etiquette.

• Like 2

the hand held can air horn works fine and is very loud snd will work multiple times before replacement, guessing 10-20 of those will be cheaper than one installation of big horn and air container , small enough to fit in the storage space under throttle , it is our go to for draw bridges around here when they are napping 

Edited by granddaddy55
On 12/25/2020 at 12:00 AM, Leftlane said:

I would like people who have air horns in their cars (actually it is always in a bro-dozer truck) to go straight to hell.  Can’t imagine how obnoxious it would be in a boat. 

let try this again.....

Nice blanket statement.  Guess you live in a place where everyone drives like saints and don't deal with jack wagons.  While i can admit that many people with air horns are douche bags, but some of us are trying to keep ourselves out of jail for doing something that might be considered irrational. 

I drive a 2017 F150 4 door 4x4.  Not exactly an inconspicuous vehicle.  DAILY i have people cut me off, pull out in front of me, decide 2 seconds ago that they need to turn (never mind I'm literally right next to them).  The air horn was the best mod i've made to my truck.  If you cant drive like a respectable/responsible member of society, you are gonna get an ear full.  Perhaps it will snap you (jack wagon driver in general...not YOU specifically) out of whatever self centered/distracted world you are living in.  Its alot better than getting violent.

Ive had more than 1 situation where other boaters have done some ignorant stuff.  The horn is USELESS!  After the first incident,  i started transferring my personal protective device from the truck to the boat.  Every time!  Threaten me/my family and its gonna be a bad day.

Edited by Texan32

eBay score from a few years ago. 1969ish four note set of horns from an Eldorado or something large.  I’m still looking for a 1966 Cadillac fleetwood set with the stock trumpets. Modern stock horns are lame.

Edited by Bozboat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/27/2020 at 6:04 PM, Bozboat said:

eBay score from a few years ago. 1969ish four note set of horns from an Eldorado or something large.  I’m still looking for a 1966 Cadillac fleetwood set with the stock trumpets. Modern stock horns are lame.

Would it run off the stock horn circuit on new boats?

Edited by dalt1

I have the four Cadillac horns and the two stock Ford horns on on original circuit. Seems like the boat would be fine but the bigger problem is where to place the horns. They are directional so forward facing horns are not useful to stop idiots from running over your rider.

5 minutes ago, Bozboat said:

I have the four Cadillac horns and the two stock Ford horns on on original circuit. Seems like the boat would be fine but the bigger problem is where to place the horns. They are directional so forward facing horns are not useful to stop idiots from running over your rider.

Like this idiot following me, Never knew he was there till boat crew started going off.image.thumb.png.0776bd8e19de08f59aa700e9e80c6ec5.png

On 12/25/2020 at 7:27 AM, granddaddy55 said:

the hand held can air horn works fine and is very loud snd will work multiple times before replacement, guessing 10-20 of those will be cheaper than one installation of big horn and air container , small enough to fit in the storage space under throttle , it is our go to for draw bridges around here when they are napping 

They make a rechargeable version with a Schrader valve on the bottom.

Its pretty awesome.  https://www.amazon.com/Fox-40-Ecoblast-Horn-Pump/dp/B00897DKQM

• Like 1
On 1/4/2021 at 12:32 PM, dhcomp said:

They make a rechargeable version with a Schrader valve on the bottom.

Its pretty awesome.  https://www.amazon.com/Fox-40-Ecoblast-Horn-Pump/dp/B00897DKQM

awesome, but the non recharge is smaller and will conveniently fit in that side compartment for an easy reach for circumstances in this post 

• 1 year later...
On 5/6/2022 at 11:18 AM, bigskydoc said:

I want to mount a hidden tug or train horn just for those occasional "random safety inspections."

I want to mount a train horn on the houseboat for the early morning fisherman that cast at my Bu and are 3’ off the houseboat.

I have the horn and a nitrogen tank. I just haven’t taken the time. 
😂😂

Edited by Sparky450
On 12/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, Texan32 said:

let try this again.....

Nice blanket statement.  Guess you live in a place where everyone drives like saints and don't deal with jack wagons.  While i can admit that many people with air horns are douche bags, but some of us are trying to keep ourselves out of jail for doing something that might be considered irrational. 

I drive a 2017 F150 4 door 4x4.  Not exactly an inconspicuous vehicle.  DAILY i have people cut me off, pull out in front of me, decide 2 seconds ago that they need to turn (never mind I'm literally right next to them).  The air horn was the best mod i've made to my truck.  If you cant drive like a respectable/responsible member of society, you are gonna get an ear full.  Perhaps it will snap you (jack wagon driver in general...not YOU specifically) out of whatever self centered/distracted world you are living in.  Its alot better than getting violent.

Ive had more than 1 situation where other boaters have done some ignorant stuff.  The horn is USELESS!  After the first incident,  i started transferring my personal protective device from the truck to the boat.  Every time!  Threaten me/my family and its gonna be a bad day.

Do you check for collateral damage when you light up one of those train horns?  I was walking my 6 month old puppy a few months ago when some jag in a lifted SuperDuty blasted off with a train horn with us about 20 feet away because someone didn't go immediately on a green light.  It took me 3 months to get her back to the point where she wasn't afraid of crosswalks.  That was fun.

Edited by UWSkier
42 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Do you check for collateral damage when you light up one of those train horns?  I was walking my 6 month old puppy a few months ago when some jag in a lifted SuperDuty blasted off with a train horn with us about 20 feet away because someone didn't go immediately on a green light.  It took me 3 months to get her back to the point where she wasn't afraid of crosswalks.  That was fun.

That really stinks.  And no, i dont know that i have/do actively check for bystanders.  But i can do a better job (to avoid a situation like yours) moving forward.  Thanks for the perspective.

Edited by Texan32
On 12/25/2020 at 7:27 AM, granddaddy55 said:

They make rechargable cans.  Love mine.

https://www.overtons.com/eco-blast-rechargable-air-horn-716005.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign={Campaign}&gclid=CjwKCAjwve2TBhByEiwAaktM1CA0mpZQFs3zPScRcGRIp-y5p3-U8NnY0gSQzdoKQYN5iXN6w-5P9RoCU_gQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds