Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Axis Owner


Wood383

Recommended Posts

Hello, new the to forum. We just got a new to us 2013 A22 Vandall Edition. I know it doesn’t have the technology the new boats have or hull design, but we are wanting to get into some surfing.
Any tips or tricks on setups or any must have items we need for the boat? It has the the plug and play rear ballast bags and bow ballast bags. Was looking at adding the swell wake shaper also. 

Edited by Wood383
Link to post

Thanks for the info. So looks like the surf mode is a tandem pair of wake shapers. How do they compare to the rest? I know I’ve seen a lot of discussion and seems like they all seem to work good and ppl recommend almost every brand out there. 

Link to post
17 hours ago, Wood383 said:

Thanks for the info. So looks like the surf mode is a tandem pair of wake shapers. How do they compare to the rest? I know I’ve seen a lot of discussion and seems like they all seem to work good and ppl recommend almost every brand out there. 

contact Kevin Cook on facebook , inland curl wake?  he has your exact boat but 2012,  he makes shapers snd can help you with set up on a one shaper situation, you can always add one later and he has done the experimentation with two shapers as well

Link to post

Start with an affordable single shaper from a reputable company.   Just get a wave (load up the ballast lean to the surf side a bit add ballast in the bow put shaper on non-surf side) and surf it till you develope a sense for dialing in a wave.  Once you get to that point you will likely want to do a customer shaper or add a surf system.  I see far too many beginners spend way to much time worried about making their wave better than working on improving their surfing. Messing around with two shapers just means less surf time especially if you have a mix of goofy regular riders. 

 

I did a custom shaper on my 2012 (not as many options to buy when I had that boat) and it surfed great with additional weight. 

 

20181117_224229.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

contact Kevin Cook on facebook , inland curl wake?  he has your exact boat but 2012,  he makes shapers snd can help you with set up on a one shaper situation, you can always add one later and he has done the experimentation with two shapers as well

Thanks I will contact him. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, vanamp said:

Start with an affordable single shaper from a reputable company.   Just get a wave (load up the ballast lean to the surf side a bit add ballast in the bow put shaper on non-surf side) and surf it till you develope a sense for dialing in a wave.  Once you get to that point you will likely want to do a customer shaper or add a surf system.  I see far too many beginners spend way to much time worried about making their wave better than working on improving their surfing. Messing around with two shapers just means less surf time especially if you have a mix of goofy regular riders. 

 

I did a custom shaper on my 2012 (not as many options to buy when I had that boat) and it surfed great with additional weight. 

 

20181117_224229.jpg

We have never really surfed in the past. We’ve always wakeboarded and decently proficient with just the wakeboarding. I understand what you mean with wave. We just want a decent wave with enough push to do what we need I don’t need it perfect right now.
 

That’s a nice boat pretty much the same color combo as I just picked up

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...