Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lost wedge foil Need help

Lorenzo

Hi. 
I’m a new/used Malibu owner. 
The prior owner lost the wedge foil. 
ive been searching around a guy in Seattle said that you all are best options. 
if anyone knows of or has a used foil blade for sale Please let me know, as Malibu or anyone else does not make this foil anymore. 
My other option I was told is to ask around for measurements & or a template copy to take to a machine shop & have one made.  
I appreciate any help.  

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

https://www.bakesonline.com/malibu-boats-auto-set-floating-wedge.html  Or there are some folks who've made them; use the search function here.

Unfortunately,  that is for the new style wedge and he would also have to purchase the bracket to use that style.  

He is looking fore the original Wedge Foil for the manual Wedge.

Edited by blk93jeepzj
more info
2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

use the search function here.

Nobody in their right mind uses the search function here because it generally won't find anything. 

You will find a lot more with a search at google that specifies the site, e.g. "wedge foil site:www.themalibucrew.com".

• Like 2

I had a 2002 Sunsetter with the manual wedge- I have an extra foil- but just the foil- not the arms- I will post a picture of it tomorrow to see if it is what you are looking for. 

I made a drawing for someone last year of the measurements - if you want it please send me a PM with your number and I will text it to you.  Mine is from a 2003 Sunsetter

Edited by SkiPablo
On 12/24/2020 at 2:31 PM, Brad B said:

isn't the 2005 one different? I don't think its flat.

If you look at Sunsetters photo, that is the one for the wake hull.  It is not the flat ski version.

Let me see if I still have the autocad drawings... can't confirm but will look. pm with email so I can send if I find (been a while lol).. by the way this is for the wake hull off a 2000 sunsetter lx... 

Sorry, I have the strut drawings still but not the wedge. I checked all my archives and found only the struts. :( 

Edited by kerpluxal
1 hour ago, blk93jeepzj said:

If you look at Sunsetters photo, that is the one for the wake hull.  It is not the flat ski version.

Oh - looked flat to me in the pic. Now maybe not

Yes this foil is not flat- it is V shaped- the first wedge that was on my boat was flat as I had the ski hull- but when I replaced it I didn't realize that there was a difference and bought the one for the wake hull. I honestly could not tell the difference in the wake with flat wedge and with the V wedge. 

I’m open to buy the foil you like. 
my email is [email protected]
I have vemo or let’s work it out.  

I will make a template & possibly have one copied & to help others.   
please let me know when. 

thanks.