Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kicker refurbished KM line

Osmob06VLX

First time boat owner and Just bought a 06 Malibu VLX with an old system on it and will be replacing soon. I don’t want to break the bank on my first boat stereo (no JL/WS) so I’m leaning heavy on going with Kickers KM line. My question to the group is has anyone had success with buying REFURBISHED Kicker marine products? Supposed to be kicker certified with warranty and the amount of savings is significant. Very tempted to buy a pair of KMTC9 tower speakers with leds refurbished for $600 when they retail for like $1200! What do you guys think? Stay away? Or is kicker refurbished items gtg? Anyone purchased from hifisoundconnection? They have a great rating with eBay. Please help

• 3 weeks later...

One of my parents works for kicker and they said if it is factory refurbished it has been inspected for quality and reboxed.  If not factory refurbished no way to know if it still meets the factory standards.  And if from the factory minor cosmetic issues should be the biggest thing.  As for the seller, no idea.  I used my source when I put the LED coaxial speakers and subs into my old boat.  The only thing to remember is the speaker wire for LED speakers is larger than regular speaker wire.  The RGB wire in addition to the speaker wire is how you change colors on the speakers.  

hope the response isn’t too late.