Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monsoon 6.2L 410

Recently purchased a 2018 23 LSV, i have read that the co2 and or manifolds are failing. I've read where you shouldn't idle very long etc.

Anyone have info on this?

Thanks

Chelan Falls 

49 minutes ago, Leftlane said:

I have an 18 with the Raptor motor - only issue I had was the catalytic converters deteriorating and getting replaced under warranty. 

Did it through  codes or how you know it is happening?

10 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Did it through  codes or how you know it is happening?

I had this happen to our '17 22VLX with the Ford 6.2 Raptor and it did throw codes.  Here is a thread I started when it happend. 

Edited by Slayer

Yes my boat threw a code for about 1 second that then went away but was stored in the inactive codes.  It was discovered when I was having the annual service and the tech inspected the cats - he found one pretty much gone and the other severely damaged.  Seems to be a relatively common issue and was covered under warranty.  My boat did not show any issues or performance problems at all, and I ran it for a good while until they could get the cats in stock and schedule me to bring it in - never any hiccups, and can't say that I can tell a difference once they were replaced either.

• 3 weeks later...

20018 LSV.  410 raptor.  My cats failed too.  Had a rattling sound.  Scared the hell out of me. But it was just a piece of metal in the exhaust from the cat.  Both replaced.  Had about 300 hrs.  I Never sit idle.