Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 23LSV in Production. How long until Shipping?

guitarcrazy

We ordered a new 2021 23LSV in late October, and Malibu started spraying the hull on December 14th.  Hoping to have it here in Montana in early January.  First time custom ordering a boat, previously bought in stock inventory so hopefully we like it.  No excuses if something isn't great since I picked it all.  What has been a good average time from start of build to completion?  How long to get it shipped, on average?  Thanks.  Can't wait to see what our summer will look like this year. 

It's generally in shrink wrap by the end of day 4 but shipping time to you depends on when there's a full truckload headed to your dealer. If it's the last one for the truck scheduled for your dealer, in theory they could spray Monday and have it on the road Friday. There's often a week or two lag before shipping, and then a few days in transit. 

Holidays can mess with shipping schedules too.

So the factory time from start to full finish is just a few days?  My dealer made a comment in passing about “finishing in their factory here...” do they do more finish work locally? Thanks.

Hard to believe they can complete a boat like this in 4 days.  I wouldn't mind if they take a little more time and make sure everything is perfect. :-)   Thanks for the reply. 

20 minutes ago, DIRKG said:

So the factory time from start to full finish is just a few days?  My dealer made a comment in passing about “finishing in their factory here...” do they do more finish work locally? Thanks.

The dealers normally will do a final clean up of dropped fasteners, zip ties and tape etc... Put the Bimini on the tower and whatever other items need to assembled or placed in the boat. Your results may vary. 

21 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

We ordered a new 2021 23LSV in late October, and Malibu started spraying the hull on December 14th.  Hoping to have it here in Montana in early January.  First time custom ordering a boat, previously bought in stock inventory so hopefully we like it.  No excuses if something isn't great since I picked it all.  What has been a good average time from start of build to completion?  How long to get it shipped, on average?  Thanks.  Can't wait to see what our summer will look like this year. 

Wow! We ordered ours in November, and were told it won’t be built until April.

20 minutes ago, surfdude said:

Wow! We ordered ours in November, and were told it won’t be built until April.

Similar situation for us.  We ordered on Halloween and don't yet have a spray date.  We're told it should be a March build with an April delivery. 

From what I have seen and heard of the demand, I imagine because of the prior slow/shut down that they have a lot of build slots already filled for  the dealer ship and customer ordered boats. In ‘19 I submitted my build on Jan 06 and the boat was started on 23 Feb done on the 27th. The dealer swapped one of their build slots to do ours for what ever reason. 22 boats a day on average and they can flex to 24 if they have to is what we were told on the tour.

wdr is correct.  My dealer had a build slot for December and he agreed to let me use it for my boat if we ordered right away.  I am concerned that there may be another slowdown/shutdown with the way the numbers are going so I wanted to have it sooner rather than later.  Our summers are short so don't want to miss any days on the water.  

Edited by guitarcrazy
4 hours ago, guitarcrazy said:

Hard to believe they can complete a boat like this in 4 days.  I wouldn't mind if they take a little more time and make sure everything is perfect. :-)   Thanks for the reply. 

What is even more mind blowing is that they can complete 22 boats a day. Sort of shows when you unwrap it at the dealer (they clearly don't take time to clean it up from production.)  

3 hours ago, gregtay said:

What is even more mind blowing is that they can complete 22 boats a day. Sort of shows when you unwrap it at the dealer (they clearly don't take time to clean it up from production.)  

You were saying... found some more to add to that pile today. I am over it, kind of funny now.😁

28820EB5-E8EE-4ABE-9D04-A50F49204A06.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...