Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bungee Foiling

MakeNWaves

Anyone set up a bungee foiling set-up off of a dock to work on pumping?  I’m looking at 3 100’ bungees (1/2 inch) braided together.  Anybody familiar with bungee rebound properties?

On 12/14/2020 at 1:26 AM, MakeNWaves said:

Anyone set up a bungee foiling set-up off of a dock to work on pumping?  I’m looking at 3 100’ bungees (1/2 inch) braided together.  Anybody familiar with bungee rebound properties?

You need to look at bansheebungee.com. some snowboard forums will have cheap diy ones but nothing can top bansheebungee

Their 20' model will pull me out attached to our boat and ill be going 35 mph zooming past the boat. Its for sale if you are interested. 

Extends to 150ft

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 12:26 AM, MakeNWaves said:

Foiling NY on facebook,  he does bungee testing off the dock

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, CBray4 said:

I’ve always wanted to try the bungee slingshot behind the boat like Austin Keen. 

Its easy man. Throwing a shuv in there not so much but just using the bungee and catching up to the wave... Not as bad 

17 hours ago, DOJOLOACH2 said:

Its easy man. Throwing a shuv in there not so much but just using the bungee and catching up to the wave... Not as bad 

Where did you find a bungee? I swear I’ve looked everywhere

I bought mine from banshee bungees ebay store, like 240 shipped a few years back. Also its so hard to use unless you have a boat or car to pull it back. Back when i was skating downhill it would take 4 grown men to pull it back, would be a workout after just one time, literally crawling on the ground to pull it back further. Hence why mine is very lightly used and for sale... Im now the only one that likes to use it lol

I love the thing, people get clocked at 35-40 mph on their skateboards!

2 hours ago, DOJOLOACH2 said:

I bought mine from banshee bungees ebay store, like 240 shipped a few years back. Also its so hard to use unless you have a boat or car to pull it back. Back when i was skating downhill it would take 4 grown men to pull it back, would be a workout after just one time, literally crawling on the ground to pull it back further. Hence why mine is very lightly used and for sale... Im now the only one that likes to use it lol

I love the thing, people get clocked at 35-40 mph on their skateboards!

I would be using it for wakesurfing behind the boat. Like Austin Keen does. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/14/2020 at 12:26 AM, MakeNWaves said:

Best bet is to find a dock that is a good height and learn to jump on the board and pump. I also have a banshee bungee. Its very hard to do a sitting dock start with it.