Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windscreen hazing

If I remember a while back a member posted a way to reduce the hazing effect on the Malibu windscreen. I tried compound and a wool pad today without any luck. Does anyone recall the process? Below is a link to a pic of the windscreen and what I’m referring to. 

Thanks,

Jay

https://ibb.co/V2yQjkS

Edited by JaySmith

Thanks for the reply. The windscreen is in good shape other than the hazing at the bottom so I’d prefer not to paint. I know there’s a post somewhere about a guy that buffed his out bit I can’t find it for the life of me. 

I’ve used the 3m polishing compound with a DA polisher to take the haze out of some headlights    and other plastic things. It has worked real well. Give that a try if you have some polish around. 

Edited by jrvs23

I wonder what a new one would cost?  I had a windscreen on my VTX when it arrived and it was too small.  Dealer switched it out with one from a bigger boat, apparently they have different sizes, but it seemed like it was something they could order and replace pretty easily.

3 minutes ago, Sixer said:

I wonder what a new one would cost?  I had a windscreen on my VTX when it arrived and it was too small.  Dealer switched it out with one from a bigger boat, apparently they have different sizes, but it seemed like it was something they could order and replace pretty easily.

Greatlakesskipper.com sells them.