Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New boat! Different color Deck Track than soft-grip?

SandS

Welp, finally found the one.   Here she is...

lsv23.jpg.5ad8c3765dfd2c6e145ef920fc26b34b.jpg

23LSV.jpg.051010d991789ef74864649c4a7e9eba.jpg

We're tinting the windows (30% as recommended by Tommys) and thinking about adding Deck Track. I was thinking match the brown soft-grip flooring. My salesman recommends black deck track instead of matching the floor in brown. He thinks the brown would clash and the black would tie in with the tint.  Thoughts?  

Edited by SandS
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, SandS said:

Welp, finally found the one.   Here she is...

lsv23.jpg.5ad8c3765dfd2c6e145ef920fc26b34b.jpg

23LSV.jpg.051010d991789ef74864649c4a7e9eba.jpg

We're tinting the windows (30% as recommended by Tommys) and thinking about adding Deck Track. I was thinking match the brown soft-grip flooring. My salesman recommends black deck track instead of matching the floor in brown. He thinks the brown would clash and the black would tie in with the tint.  Thoughts?  

Black would definitely pop.... and match the window frame. The white tower kind of complicates trying to tie things together. I would definitely have to see a portion of the boat mocked up in black before I dropped probably a grand worth of non returnable deck track on it. JM2C Sharp boat!

1 hour ago, wdr said:

Surprisingly, even down here in the south in 90 degree temps it’s not bad. I have a monster section on the bow that you wouldn’t even know it was there no matter how hot it gets.67C34AC6-CA64-45C2-A150-6A2BEC3AC5B9.thumb.jpeg.45b79ebe535bf07a92061311235d4ae7.jpeg

Your boat looks great.  I'm worried that with so little black and so much white and brown on our boat that the black deck track will clash.  I was also worried about the heat...we have intense sun here in Colorado.  Glad to hear you haven't had problems with that.  Thanks!  

41 minutes ago, SandS said:

Your boat looks great.  I'm worried that with so little black and so much white and brown on our boat that the black deck track will clash.  I was also worried about the heat...we have intense sun here in Colorado.  Glad to hear you haven't had problems with that.  Thanks!  

Thanks, my color scheme is more practical than flashy. I was thinking the same thing with the black sitting next to the white tower. I will never tell anyone their kid is odd looking. 😊 I might think it. The black will show a little more dirt than the brown will. Our water is not real soft here so we don’t have a scaling problem. I can only imagine what the black would like in that kind of water.

7 hours ago, NWBU said:

You could also break up the solid deck color a bit more by going with a two color design. Helps tie in more colors that way too.

748C391A-358D-42B6-83B4-6A38B728F6A8.thumb.jpeg.ec078dccb4a5f4decd70d0ac7b0ff4bd.jpeg

Great looking boat, Thanks @NWBU

8 hours ago, NWBU said:

You could also break up the solid deck color a bit more by going with a two color design. Helps tie in more colors that way too.

748C391A-358D-42B6-83B4-6A38B728F6A8.thumb.jpeg.ec078dccb4a5f4decd70d0ac7b0ff4bd.jpeg

@NWBU Is that Gatorstep? If not what? 

ahopkins22LSV

I personally don’t think brown will clash. The flooring and walkthrough are brown over black, doesn’t clash. If you do brown over black for the top deck you will get the same affect with the windshield and tint. There are many boats out there that at mainly brown interiors with black accents and they don’t clash. I would also think that you’d want to match the walk through with the top deck. 

Additionally, if you do go all black, don’t worry. It does not get hot. People have done entire floors black, like @IXFE and @Ronnie, they both live in Texas. 

I can't comment on black soft grip flooring or deck track, but I can comment on black hulls. I was walking on the black hull of our 22VLX this spring putting the canopy on the hoist.  The boat had not been in the sun that long and the weather wasn't unusually hot for that time of year and it burned my feet.  Burned to the point where it was painful for the entire day.  I was a bit surprised.  That boat didn't have deck track.  We ordered our 23LSV with black deck track so I'm interested to see how that performs this season. 

21 hours ago, wdr said:

Surprisingly, even down here in the south in 90 degree temps it’s not bad. I have a monster section on the bow that you wouldn’t even know it was there no matter how hot it gets.67C34AC6-CA64-45C2-A150-6A2BEC3AC5B9.thumb.jpeg.45b79ebe535bf07a92061311235d4ae7.jpeg

thats cool covering not just the flat walking part but the dock rash part as well

6 hours ago, IXFE said:

Just as @ahopkinsVTX says, black “soft touch” does NOT get hot. This might be the biggest myth in boating. 

absolutely correct,  was on a centurian at surf fest with no bimini and it was barely warm, actually a perfect nice cozy foot temp

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

absolutely correct,  was on a centurian at surf fest with no bimini and it was barely warm, actually a perfect nice cozy foot temp

And just to beat the point into oblivion - we are in the south, black deck track doesn't get hot.  

Sharp boat!  With your boat colors, I don't think I would hesitate in putting matching tan deck track.

Also, nice call in the window tint.  You'll never own another boat without.  :cheers:

48 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

And just to beat the point into oblivion - we are in the south, black deck track doesn't get hot.  

Sharp boat!  With your boat colors, I don't think I would hesitate in putting matching tan deck track.

Also, nice call in the window tint.  You'll never own another boat without.  :cheers:

not me but thx anyway,  wish i would have gone black in my all white a20, i would never clean it again because you cant see the stain !! amazing how well it maintains with just a wet vac brush vacuuming when dry or damp, luv my GS except it can dent which ends up looking like a stain on a lighter color like shark fin

Edited by granddaddy55
2 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

thats cool covering not just the flat walking part but the dock rash part as well

Thanks, another nod to practicality. The bow might as well be I-70 on this boat and the ebony fiberglass shows everything. I used painters tape to create the template for the SD sheet I bought. I did a custom panel behind the drivers seat as well.

Just my option but to have black on the deck track the interior needs to be black as well or the gel coat it's going on needs to be black so it doesn't stand out. So personally I would go with the tan but that's just me, I like very simple colors. 

Probably can't go wrong with either, but another vote for tan deck track given your color scheme.

I have the sepia interior w/ black deck track, but my interior accents are black and the exterior is white/black which is why I went that direction. Either way, sharp boat and congrats!

802027196_IMG_0321copy.jpg.2acc54e0f66ac9eb6fb9d7c3378bdf5d.jpg

Killer boat!  I actually looked at that boat while we were at Tommys a couple weeks ago. Love the color scheme. We have black on the deck track and we have loved it. Congrats on the new boat!

On 12/11/2020 at 11:45 AM, Justinsloan said:

Killer boat!  I actually looked at that boat while we were at Tommys a couple weeks ago. Love the color scheme. We have black on the deck track and we have loved it. Congrats on the new boat!

Glad you didn’t steal it from me! 😉

• Haha 2
  • 4 months later...