Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First generation wedge pins conversion

1998 Response with a first generation wedge that has the pull out release pin.  I want to modify it for spring release pins.

this will require cutting the slots in the brass spacer tubes, making the stainless pins and thumb screws.  My question and request for help is if someone could take a picture of a tape measure on their spring release wedge so I can see the measurement location and size of the slots.

Bakes has the parts available for this but the cost would be close to $300 plus shipping to Canada. Hope someone can help

This is from a 2003 LXi.  Assuming it is the same??

Slots are 20mm long x 6.5mm wide, located 52mm from the inside of the bracket (the readout doesn't show with the flash).

x9rAHmv.jpg

E0s9b0D.jpg

G3Ruzbw.jpg

YxgqawK.jpg

• Like 2

Fantastic response.  even precision measurements.  Thanks powbmps.

Eagleboy99.  Yes I did find parts there also, and may just buy the pins.  I just figure I can cut the slots in the cross tubes rather than $90 each.

Appreciate the help.

Edited by KevinBC
spelling
1 hour ago, KevinBC said:

Fantastic response.  even precision measurements.  Thanks powbmps.

Eagleboy99.  Yes I did find parts there also, and may just buy the pins.  I just figure I can cut the slots in the cross tubes rather than $90 each.

Appreciate the help.

Note that it seems to matter whether you have a trap door in your platform or not.  If you do, the pictures shown above look correct.  If not, you may want to put the slots on the other side of the upper pin because you are reaching them from underneath rather than on top through the door.  I do not have a door, and my upper pins are on the other side.