Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Lake House + new Malibu = what gear?

Trizzil

Get a Stihl Model 700 backpack blower for the yard, and a DeWalt battery blower for the deck(s) and porch(es). If you have any upstairs decking, you're gonna want to store the DeWalt in the broom closet in the house for easy access. Thank me later.

Great list

for the House, add ice maker, pellet smoker, foosball table, ping pong balls & solo cups, lots of playing cards, giant jenga

Costco is your friend for vest, noodle floatie & they used to have the inflatable mats

15 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Sharp knife and a dive mask for the boat. 

I have about 10 ft of clear tubing to act as a snorkel in case I need to be spending any time underwater, I'm too cheap to just cut those expensive ropes.  Oh, and I regret letting my teenager be in charge of the other end while I tried it out!

This is the place we sold a few years ago.  If any of your friends have kids, the trampolines are the BOMB.  We had 3 trampolines over the years.  Adults & big kids are rough on them but they are perfect for grade/middle schoolers.

Lake frontage.jpg

On 12/8/2020 at 4:43 AM, Hemmy said:

Surf/wakeboard wall rack to store your boards in your garage.  I have one of these.

I did my own, and combined board storage with Jacket storage.

20201209_132009.jpg

• Like 3

Skip the waverunners.  Dangerous and boring after 5 minutes.  Get a second boat like a late 90s ski boat instead and stick a boom on it.  Learn to barefoot and slalom ski.  Can get into a great boat for the cost of one new Waverunner and have fun that doesn't get old after 5 minutes. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Hemmy said:

The anti jet ski crowd.

52B49C0D-E1ED-4562-A3C3-A48363B6A217.jpeg.168a38e4866f41df25ab9bd408fc3861.jpeg

they're the worst... or people who let their teenage kids ride them are...  Every summer it seems like there's at least a couple accidents on those things on our lake.

Your Best Buy for all around boat and house cleaning towels. They are awesome and cheap - which those two words typically don't go together except for a high school prom date.  

Sounds like you've got a great setup and awesome boating experience around the corner. 

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-ultra-plush-microfiber-towel%2c-yellow%2c-16-in-x-16-in%2c-36-count.product.100356999.html

On 12/8/2020 at 12:05 PM, REHinH20 said:

I have about 10 ft of clear tubing to act as a snorkel in case I need to be spending any time underwater, I'm too cheap to just cut those expensive ropes.  Oh, and I regret letting my teenager be in charge of the other end while I tried it out!

what no breath hold panic repeated dives???, never thought about a snorkel extension , i always unwrap and not lose that rope or cut, takes quite a few attempts

last one was the entire wakeboard rope , took an hour to unwind the twist to the old braided kevlar the next day

7 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

what no breath hold panic repeated dives???, never thought about a snorkel extension , i always unwrap and not lose that rope or cut, takes quite a few attempts

last one was the entire wakeboard rope , took an hour to unwind the twist to the old braided kevlar the next day

Couple of issues with snorkel extensions.....

1.  If you go much below the surface the atmospheric pressure pushing in on the body makes it extremely hard to suck air since the water is pressing in.  Simple test with a normal snorkel, use it like normal with your back on the surface (body is horizontal).  Then try it using the snorkel with your body in the vertical position.  Just that small amount of distance under water makes it much more difficult to breath.  Now imagine 2-3 feet under.

2.  If you can breath in through the extension, you will need to exhale out into the water and not through the snorkel.  If not, you will be rebreathing the same air and not getting any new fresh air.  

• Like 2

Figured it was time for a list refresh for anyone else looking for something similar plus, a little photo tax with a sunrise shot. 

Boat

towable tube

rope

12v inflator

Hyperlite, Phase 5 and Liquid force boards

Maui mat

box anchor

wakeboard 400-600 with open toed bindings in the board size around 140 cm

proper fender balls for the boat

domed numbers

Sharp knife and dive mask

Hot Sauce and Related cleaning products and three-four dozen microfiber towels

House

Solo fire pit

beer fridge

zero gravity chairs

Hobbie pedal kayaks

golf cart

grill

pontoon boat with electric bimini

waverunners

12 good CGA lifevests (don’t go cheap)

30 towels

Water saddles

Paddle boards

foosball, billards, etc

Hot tub

place to store/hang all of the wet life vests

Surf/wakeboard wall rack to store your boards in your garage

Stihl Model 700 backpack blower for the yard, and a DeWalt battery blower for the deck(s) and porch(es)

ice maker, pellet smoker, foosball table, ping pong balls & solo cups, lots of playing cards, giant jenga

CDD127B4-1A56-45D1-8F95-75DD20D0FF68.jpeg

• Like 3