Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Large Lounger LSV 23 Years?

jasonmystik

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the boating world and am in love with the Malibu 23 LSV. I want a surf/wave boat with a large lounger in the back for sunbathing. I usually get about 3 of us that want to go out on the lake, anchor, and sunbathe. The newer 2021 has a walkthrough in the back. Yes, I know I can get a cushion to go over the walkthrough. However, the dimensions of the new lounger can only fit one person, it would be very tight for two people lying sideways.

My question is which year Malibu 23 LSV has the largest lounger for sunbathing in the back? I know the 2020 doesn't have the walkthrough lounger but the lounger dimensions seems smaller than the later years. Only looking into 2016-2020. 

I might be wrong and the dimensions of the sunbathing lounger for the 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 Malibu 23 LSV might all be the same dimensions. If that is the case please let me know. I just can't find anywhere online what the dimensions are of the lounger for sunbathing. If there is another brand of surf boat that is 23 feet and has a larger sunbathing lounger please let me know. Budget is $110k. (On a side note looking for all black exterior.)

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Jason

I don’t want to rain on your parade, but are you sure you want to get a wake boat? There are a lot of things these boats do well, but if a large sun pad is topping the priority list you might want to consider one of the newer surf oriented I/Os. If you are serious about board sports an I/O is definitely going to be a buzz kill waste of money if you go that route. It will boil down to your priorities I guess. If you are into water sports and or have kids, having a really good boat to play behind will shift your priorities IME. The max pad area available in the Malibu line up is probably going to be the 25 LSV. Although I am not sure that there is going to be an appreciable difference between the 23 and the 25 as the beams are the same. The most pad space I have experienced was on my friends Centurion FI 25. That thing has like a whole play ground on the back of it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Simple solution is to just order a Mission reef mat and use it for your sunbathing lounger. They are really nice and come in large sizes. Added bonus is the sun tan lotion will stay on the mat and not on your upholstery.

https://www.missionboatgear.com/products/reef-inflatable-water-mats

Edited by tbullard
fix
  • Like 1

You cant find the dimensions bc it's not something people buy these boats for.  If that's your top priority for a boat to have a wake boat isn't going to be what you want.  These boats are made to maximize cabin space and minimize rear engine cover area. Oh and throw wakes and waves 

Edited by jhartt3
  • Like 2