Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu LXR Stereo Build

BoatFlyRide

I am in the process of selecting components for the stereo on my Response LXR. I have some challenges with weight and space available especially under the dash on the passenger side:

1.) Amp recommendations- Must be compact and 5-channel. I'm presently considering one of the new JL-amps with the built in DSP but am open to suggestions.

2.) Subwoofer- Looking for a compact 10-inch sub with mount

3.) Porting: With the LXR having a walk-through the under dash area where the sub would be mounted is essentially sealed off from free-air. Would it make sense to add a port somewhere in the walk-through area?

4.) Speaker recommendations: I'm presently considering the JL Audio M3s but am open to suggestions.

Any feedback is appreciated!

2) what is your vision of compact and what in terms of a "mount"? Most any 10" woofer is going to need an enclosure thats at least 12"H x 12"W. 

3) IF you decide that the closed, insulated port side locker is the best place for your woofer, yes, I would vent the locker into the main cabin.