Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WS-A LINK S/R KIT

Five Cent Worth

Hey Fellas - Anyone have experience with this?  I don't fully get how I would "connect" to the factory Bu system.  If the boat I am trying to broadcast to is a 2020 X22, will it work being he doesn't have a Bu / Wetsound?

https://www.wetsounds.com/product/ws-a-link-s-r-kit-2-4-ghz-send-receive-audio-link-kit

Thanks!

(If this is a duplicate thread - feel free to delete.  I couldn't find much searching.)

That I know of, the 3.5 jack in the glove box is the only place available on our ‘19s. A wireless signal is “woke” 😊 so I don’t know why it wouldn’t work with any receiver. I ran a 15’ long 3.5 cable over to the phone holder area so I would not have to listen to the crickets from the factory BT. Other wise this would work great for our crew. I will wait until someone gains some experience with this before I buy one. 

• Like 1

The key fobs are ok, but don’t work that well in my exp, signal strength was always an issue.

Am more optimistic about the new version that just came out tho.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-VM6S1s28nT0/p_867ALSRV2/Wet-Sounds-AL-SR-V2.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=980991366606&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=473928498212&awdv=m&awug=9032043&gclid=CjwKCAiA_Kz-BRAJEiwAhJNY7xSZOoTOLtCoqzyT-NuMc_6og2dkb2w516a7uU6ukjIC8YNNzusxWBoCIMgQAvD_BwE

signal distance is said to be 5x over the older version 

• Like 2

I used it once and loved it.  I was receiving signal on my 2016 - no wetsounds components on my boat then.   Having one DJ with sync’d tunes was awesome.  

I actually have this in my Amazon cart - it is ten bucks cheaper there than through WS site. 

• Like 1

@Five Cent Worth

There are a few ways to use a device like that. You could go direct from your phone into the module set as the "send" unit with a 3.5MM male x what ever comes out of you phone. Then plug the "receive" device (or devices if you are the DJ boat) and plug them into an audio input with a with a 3.5MM male x what ever the input is such a a 3.5mm female or RCA. Now your phone transmits the tunes through the "send" unit to the "receive" unit(s) then into their main media unit and then out the speakers. 

Or, if your main media unit has an "audio out", would could connect that to the "send" module and BT or USB your phone to your main media unit as normal. Then as above, use the "receive" modules to sen the audio to one or more boats' media units. 

I have 2 sets from the first batch they sold. I love their functionality.

We really haven't had many issues distance wise but it has always been with a line of tied up boats. 

It is very nice being able to have all the stereo's playing the same music and not have a headphone cable strung out from boat to boat. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I think I will just need to buy and see what extra cables I will need.  All the cables that I think could be options seem cheap and easy to get. 

• 3 months later...

Anyone who got who working want to post a step by step on a 2017 or newer Malibu using this?  I stared at mine a bit yesterday and then punted.  

Edited by hethj7
44 minutes ago, cowwboy said:

That depends on the phone's capability. But I will say on any android I have owned. It's either BT or the headphone jack not both. 

Thinking that is the issue. It comes with a Y cord, guessing I need to use my phone (sending unit) and Y cord it to the WS Link and into my glove box in port. The other (Receiving Unit) will just be the WS link to their in port?

3 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Anyone who got who working want to post a step by step on a 2017 or newer Malibu using this?  I stared at mine a bit yesterday and then punted.  

If you trying to set your boat as the master unit, you need a low level audio output, and I do not believe the black box has one that available. So you can Y off your phone to the AUX port and transmitter, or Y one full-range outputs to the amps.