Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New garage build

ThinBuLine

3 minutes ago, IXFE said:

@Slayer’s post is what I love about TMC... when guys take the time to share their expertise like this. Instead of just saying “don’t do it” we get a well thought out explanation that also tells us “why.”

@InIt4theDough I suggest you take that post seriously and thoroughly research what he’s talking about, ideally with a septic expert who’s local to you. 

The bolded is really the best advice. Run the idea across a few septic people that know your area well. You'll know immediately whether or not the idea is insane or not.

Edited by boardjnky4

@InIt4theDough if  it were mine and the existing area is 9’ deep and was built correctly, and that is the only place it can go, you can digg 3 ft off put it french drains with fabric and pea gravel with 6” sock pipe correctly falling in grade to best place for run off and put a 6” slab over it with plastic under slab. Then erect building. But keep in mind I’m the future maybe couple years or 20 the leach bed will go bad. And when it does. Untie from it. And run hard line to from septic tank and install a new leach bed elsewhere. 

and yes I have installed all types of sewer systems from city systems to rural and private systems. Installed something similar over a landfill that they built a county prison over. 

Edited by spikew919
30 minutes ago, IXFE said:

@Slayer’s post is what I love about TMC... when guys take the time to share their expertise like this. Instead of just saying “don’t do it” we get a well thought out explanation that also tells us “why.”

@InIt4theDough I suggest you take that post seriously and thoroughly research what he’s talking about, ideally with a septic expert who’s local to you. 

Which is why I posted here!

the French drains are a good idea and if I understand correctly, when a leech field fails, which it eventually will anyways?, you have to untie and dig a new leech field anyways???

9 minutes ago, InIt4theDough said:

Which is why I posted here!

the French drains are a good idea and if I understand correctly, when a leech field fails, which it eventually will anyways?, you have to untie and dig a new leech field anyways???

Pretty much. Also I would put gutters with down spouts with hard piping to get that water as far away from site as you can also. 

Edited by spikew919