Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

18 LSV Stomp pad ?


Recommended Posts

Anyone know how to remove the skin on the center, rear, lower seat? Have a small cut and want to get new skin but wondering how they need to be removed? Do you need to strip the SeaDek off to remove screws from Stomp pad before stripping skin?image.thumb.png.34d5878ffb5818eb300b8f5146a02794.png

Link to post
36 minutes ago, NWBU said:

I know one member here who had to replace his skins and he just removed the stomp pads altogether. I believe he had to get new foam though to do that.  

That's what I would do if I had those pads.

Link to post
14 hours ago, dalt1 said:

I may have it deleted. Still have the 2 side seat back flip downs to step on. Don't really mind this one though.

 

I could see keeping those, but for sure I would eliminate the one that's in the center of the rear seat. 

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Just to follow up here. I decided to delete the pad. Here are pics for anyone wanting to know how it is assembled. The 3" build up of composite under the skin is screwed in from the bottom of the seat, then another 3/8" piece is screwed to the top through a perfectly good skin and a piece of SeaDec stuck on it to hide top screws. I have found a p;ace in Knoxville TN area that is making and installing it for a great price. Was going to use Gabe but a friend of mine decided to use this guy and dropped off 11 total cushions between him and I to the Knoxville guy and no shipping involved for me. He is going to re foam and install skin for less than purchasing skin alone anywhere else.         image.thumb.png.57816636ae67c429be1425674fbd85a7.png.image.thumb.png.59a796815be7d0936f74d0a39997f9f2.png

Edited by dalt1
Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

Just to follow up here. I decided to delete the pad. Here are pics for anyone wanting to know how it is assembled. The 3" build up of composite under the skin is screwed in from the bottom of the seat, then another 3/8" piece is screwed to the top through a perfectly good skin and a piece of SeaDec stuck on it to hide top screws. I have found a p;ace in Knoxville TN area that is making and installing it for a great price. Was going to use Gabe but a friend of mine decided to use this guy and dropped off 11 total cushions between him and I to the Knoxville guy and no shipping involved for me. He is going to re foam and install skin for less than purchasing skin alone anywhere else.         image.thumb.png.57816636ae67c429be1425674fbd85a7.png.image.thumb.png.59a796815be7d0936f74d0a39997f9f2.png

Pulling a million staples is not fun!!! And by the way they are magnetic so either cheap stainless or something else but no rust detectedimage.thumb.png.caf867f20c2b6dee5f552fe98f10713a.png.

Edited by dalt1
Link to post
14 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

Pulling a million staples is not fun!!! And by the way they are magnetic so either cheap stainless or something else but no rust detected

All stainless steel is magnetic except austenitic stainless steel which is actually 300 series stainless such as 304 and 316. Premium builders use Monel - which is about 5 times the cost of stainless.

You should have picked up a tack lifter to remove all those staples.  CHeap and fast.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

All stainless steel is magnetic except austenitic stainless steel which is actually 300 series stainless such as 304 and 316. Premium builders use Monel - which is about 5 times the cost of stainless.

You should have picked up a tack lifter to remove all those staples.  CHeap and fast.

This says opposite?

There are 2 grades of stainless steel that are magnetic:

1. 304 Stainless Steel

304 stainless steel contains chromium and nickel. This kind of grade is magnetic and is commercial and food-grade. Lots of our customers use our 304 grade stainless steel sheets in kitchens, marine settings, food trucks, and restaurants. The typical gauges that are used in the field are 22GA and 24GA, with 24GA being the most popular. We recommend going with 22GA when you can anticipate more wear and tear and just want something more sturdy. 304 is also the most affordable in comparison to 316.

For our selection of 304 stainless steel sheets, we have flat rolled sheets and quilted diamond stainless steel sheets.

2. 316 Stainless Steel

316 stainless steel is an alloy steel that is less magnetic than the 304 grade. 316 is generally meant for harsher environments as well. In terms of cost, this will be more expensive than 304. If anyone is looking to install a magnetic stainless steel sheet, we recommend going with 304 especially if you are using it in a food or kitchen setting.

Conclusion

Overall, 304 and 316 are the only stainless steel grades that are magnetic.

Link to post

Good explanation for staple use.

Monel Staples (Rust-proof)

Monel Staples from Salco. Made in USA and Europe.

Typically stainless steel staples are corrosion-resistant for extended periods of time, but not completely rust-proof in all circumstances as there is a small percentage of iron in the steel wire alloy. Monel wire staples are indefinitely rust-proof as there is a high nickel content in the wire. They also are immune to galvanic action which can cause corrosion when stainless steel staples are in contact with other metals, such as screening.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...