Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best boat cover for 2019 23 LSV?

redsoxfan84

I purchased my boat two years ago and my boat cover is terrible. I am actually not sure what brand it is but it is not holding up well. It is already starting to tear from trailer it on a few road trips and it never really stays in place. I have seen people recommend certain types of covers in the past, but I can't find them with a basic search. What boat cover would you recommend that fit well and also travels well?

That looks like it fits nicely but I am not super impressed with the back and the fact that it straps to the bottom. Aren't there covers that ratchet down? 

7 hours ago, redsoxfan84 said:

That looks like it fits nicely but I am not super impressed with the back and the fact that it straps to the bottom. Aren't there covers that ratchet down? 

What do you mean it straps to the bottom?  The Evolution cover is made for towing.  Even Malibu dealers will tell you not to tow with their covers, as it may cause scuffing on the gel coat.  

Another vote for Evolution covers.  I ordered mine in December 2018 and got it in July 2019.  Unless he has been able to increase production, it will probably be worse now.  

Edited by TallRedRider
On 11/27/2020 at 2:47 PM, redsoxfan84 said:

“not super impressed...” :rofl:

You have no clue what you’re talking about.  Your comment shows you don’t understand how an Evo cover works. 

Good luck with your search for a cover that “impresses” you. 

• Like 1
On 11/27/2020 at 2:47 PM, redsoxfan84 said:

It doesn't strap to the bottom. It attaches to the grab handle and the eyelets at the back of the boat. I think you're seeing the extra length of the strap in that picture. 

What I meant by "not super impressed" is the back doesn't look like it fits nicely on there. There is material hanging on the back that doesn't fit like what I would expect. I wasn't trying to say these covers suck. Clearly you can tell that "I don't know what I am talking about," and that's why I am asking the question. Anything else I should know about these covers?

44 minutes ago, redsoxfan84 said:

What I meant by "not super impressed" is the back doesn't look like it fits nicely on there. There is material hanging on the back that doesn't fit like what I would expect. I wasn't trying to say these covers suck. Clearly you can tell that "I don't know what I am talking about," and that's why I am asking the question. Anything else I should know about these covers?

I found a pic showing the back of my cover. Once cinched down, nothing’s moving during the trip. 

I’ve never seen a factory covered boat leave my dealer without a layer of packing wrap to guard against the chafing. I don’t think it’s  needed on the Evo’s but I still do it since it’s a 3 minute insurance policy. 
D522BBA8-5DC4-4213-9639-5EFD84E456E0.thumb.jpeg.7f341c416dc0de75987f04d643211cf9.jpeg

Evolution covers I feel are the best for any Malibu boat when needing a cover. My only regret when I got my ‘18 was getting a factory cover and not an evolution. Corey’s strap and cinch system at the back is so much more slick to operate than the ratchets and holsters from the factory which I’m always fearful that one of my family who doesn’t know how to properly take off the cover will ding up the gel with an exposed ratchet. No poles too. With the evolution cover it feels like the whole system was designed to protect the gel and whole boat.