Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2002 XTI winter refurbish

ROFF

1 hour ago, Brantb said:

Where did you get the teak EVA? I would like to do the same to mine. After 22 years the carpet is pretty bad

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08722TQQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I debated this for a while.   (When I should be asleep).    I had some sample Seadek pieces on it before so when comparing the two I didn’t feel the increase in quality of the Seadek was worth the significant increase in cost.    I didn’t get much past a general quote for Seadek/GatorStep but my guess is it would probably have been well over $2k and I still would have to do the templates and install.   

Of course, now I have a knock off product which bothers me.   

3 hours ago, ROFF said:

Of course, now I have a knock off product which bothers me.   

It is probably made in one of the same factories in China.  Fuggeddaboudit - your work is excellent and the flooring looks great!

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2021 at 3:07 PM, ROFF said:

Lots of little things to do.   Floor is painted and templates done for the EVA.   Tank is in with all new hoses and lines.  New rear ballast system is in with all new hoses and pumps.   (The frog tape is temporary) 750# custom bag to fill the entire trunk space.   The bolts for the grab handle/hook needed to be dealt with to avoid puncturing the bag.   Since the “new” platform has a built in grab I decided to just clean the back up like I did with the bow rails.   Will finish those when I install the swim platform.  Because I moved the anchor light to the top of the tower last summer there was no need for the anchor light pole or the plug.   Not need that meant there was no need for the notch in the rear hatch.    Modified that along with the storage hatch to make space for a trash bin behind the drivers seat.    Upholstery later this month. Gunnel/seat rail carpets next, then the flooring goes in.   

57C5ECF3-52F4-4B68-96D5-D17D86A0B6BA.jpeg

4A69BF80-BDCF-4AB2-A762-0E8546C85019.jpeg

DC54E4D0-01D8-418D-9FD6-A7A9D3FD2FDC.jpeg

7472FD8A-FB2C-4149-B27C-C4CC0191C07E.jpeg

E634A4B0-0C0B-4C63-9026-5D433A67B4E6.jpeg

What brand ballast bag did you buy for the rear? Also how did the surf wake turn out after doing this? I’m looking to do the same thing to my 2002 wakesetter Xti. 

I did a custom one from Wakemakers.   It pretty much filled the compartment.  I had removed the hard tanks and eliminated any sharp things that could puncture it like the handle/hook and anchor light (relocated)

On 4/11/2022 at 10:05 PM, ROFF said:

I did a custom one from Wakemakers.   It pretty much filled the compartment.  I had removed the hard tanks and eliminated any sharp things that could puncture it like the handle/hook and anchor light (relocated)

Appreciate the response. yalls boat turned out great. I didn't realize wake makers 750 bag would fit back there. You have a picture of it in trunk after its all put together? Also Do you remember how you removed the back seat. Its all good if you dont remember I'm sure i can figure it out. 

Edited by Gsbraun

The whole backseat assembly was like a puzzle.   You’ll have to reach far up there to get the bolts out of the wrap around backrest.   I’m sure you’ve already found lots of sharp fiberglass in there!   
I ended up selling the boat before I could really optimize the rear bag.  It filed good but would drain some because of the thru hulk drain location.   Lots of options to remedy.   Make sure you take the time to eliminate or cover any sharp things that may puncture your bag.   

120D208D-40F8-4BAA-BC9B-A7B56CBD14CA.jpeg