Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX vs VLX wave

Zev

Hi all,

New to Malibu boats and trying to decide between the two. Slalom is not a priority and I care more about wake/surf. I do however want to get away with the smallest size I can boat because we're on a small lake. Can anyone with experience let me know if the VLX wake hull wave is significantly better than the VTX, especially with a limited crew.

Thanks for your help,

Zev

ahopkins22LSV

What year(s) are you looking at? The 2016-2019 vtx is a very good surf boat and the 2020+ is even better. Properly setup, they will give a vlx a good run for its money. Will the vlx be better and bigger? Probably it’s just physics. But depending on your lake, the vtx may still be a better option. If you are looking a older models, the vlx is probably better option 

On 11/30/2020 at 1:16 PM, Zev said:

Thank you. That's helpful. I ended up going with a new VTX.

New VTX awesome! Make sure to post some pics and a review of the surf/wake when you get to load it up. I have an 04 vlx and its wayyyyyyyyyyy better than the 2012 vtx I rode. but as was said above the new models have changed a lot. Excited for you Zev