Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 VLX engine rebuild and more (Parts list).

Bradley Thornton

It's amazing what a bit of salt water will do!  My 2005 fresh water boat is pretty much rust/corrosion free.

Nice job and it sounds like you got it done at a really low cost.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
Bradley Thornton

Changed a few hoses wanted them clear so I could see water was flowing had a few hoses ran in my opinion incorrectly.  

Hope to have some pics of the motor going back in soon. 

IMG_6580.jpg.5feb54cba8af6f755112d1c65153d20d.jpgIMG_6579.jpg.ff44ed2845546c8df31fb44c1aaa637c.jpgIMG_6581.jpg.54a5bc39329ebb56732792f2982160e5.jpg

• Like 3
Bradley Thornton
On 1/26/2021 at 3:48 PM, Michigan boarder said:

Are those ballast hoses?

Yes just wanted to see water is moving when hard tanks are filling and I can't see it. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Info added to first post.

Few more parts you may want to buy

765003 Indmar upper intake plentum gasket. 

765006 ETX CAT Manifold to SS ETXCAT water dump sold individually. (Need 2)

7330717009199 OEM replacement Impeller service kit for almost all Indmar engine makes and models.

Motor oil and filter (Most use 15-40) (On a new engine run only a short time and then change the oil and filter) Also its a good idea to put a magnet on the filter.

Transmission oil and V-drive oil (Depending on year V-drive takes a few different oils be sure to get the right one)

For the v-drive units:

ZF Hurth Ski-Vee, ZF 45 IV, uses Dexron III ATF

ZF Hurth V-drive, ZF 63 IV, uses Pennzoil 15W40

Walters V-drive, RV 260 71 V, uses SAE 30

Info from this post (Post #3)

Edited by Bradley Thornton
  • Like 1
  • Bradley Thornton changed the title to 2007 VLX engine rebuild and more (Parts list).