Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perko Switch to Blue Sea

pawter1970

Anyone has done that switch? is it complicated? Would like to do it has I am feed up with having to reach in the battery compartment to switch the battery feed. 

I have a 2013 22MXZ

Thanks crew. 

1 minute ago, MLA said:

Which switch are you talking about? Perko makes an ON/OFF as well as a 1/2/BOTH/OFF. Blue Sea also makes an ON/OFF and 1/2/1+2/OFF. Both these would be a post to post swap. 

Thought the Blue Sea is only ON/OFF. My current one is 1/2/1&2/OFF, just want to not have to switch when we are coving, or to start the boat. 

15 hours ago, pawter1970 said:

Thought the Blue Sea is only ON/OFF. My current one is 1/2/1&2/OFF, just want to not have to switch when we are coving, or to start the boat. 

Just get the Blue Seas Add-a-Battery kit and be done with it.  The automatic ACR will charge the house battery automatically, but will keep the starting battery fully charged at all times.  Amazon has them for $120.  Since you already have 2 batteries and separate wires going to each, it should be a fairly simple install; assuming the cables are long enough for where you want to install the switch, the only addition would be 2 short stubby cables from the switch to the ACR. 

The switch in this kit has ON OFF and COMBINE.  You'll only use combine for an "emergency" or if you have an issue; otherwise it is OFF for off, and ON for automatic charging; you don't have to do anything but enjoy your boat...