Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23 LSV Rear PNP Bags

Brandonloos21

Yup, the thing that’s made it go away are1) not safe! 2) hard on the engine to run at that angle and  3) totally inconvenient for riders that are on different sides. MasterRaft still relies on this technology, although a little more convenient.

Ha!! That was quite a wave on that 247!!!  The other reason the new hulls and surfgate are so good is that this combination creates a wave that has a hook, and a curl at the end. Way easier for 90 percent of the riders out there to stay in the wave, and not to go out the back. The listed wave had no hook. The only advantage was that they were a bit firmer. That guy was my idol!

• Like 1

I received confirmation that my bags are 650's.  While I like the advice from people with more experience than I on these newer hulls, it is also assuring that if I ever needed the weight, I have access to it.  Keep in mind, I have already surfed behind the boat without the PNP and love the wake empty for wakeboarding.  

• Like 2
On 12/30/2020 at 8:16 PM, surfdude said:

I totally agree with this, cause I used to run almost 5000lbs listed. Don’t want to bring back the listed vs level cat fight again! I had a 2011 listed lsv that put out a wave that was 5’ by 20’ ft of total green awesomeness! Rpm used to run 2900 rpms, with a 6.0 at 12mph

and no piggish driving, turn left or right while surfing with zero tension on the wheel, it also holds its own straight line with little or no steering corrections 

On 12/30/2020 at 8:39 PM, surfdude said:

Yup, the thing that’s made it go away are1) not safe! 2) hard on the engine to run at that angle and  3) totally inconvenient for riders that are on different sides. MasterRaft still relies on this technology, although a little more convenient.

i think the plumbing manifold kits reduced or eliminated the hard on engine part,  my monsoon graphic lifted some and i am told thats what they look for to deny warranty claims in the past when listing was popular but the ease of the boat slicing the water i think offsets that as well 

• 4 months later...

Hey folks - can you help me understand the benefit of PnP in the '21 LSV 23 for SURF waves.  If the "wedge" still has wiggle room to pull the butt of the boat down, and adding PnP causes me to just use less wedge, am I getting any benefit from the PnP bags (assuming no lead or extra bow weight)

-MD