Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 23 LSV Rear PNP Bags

Brandonloos21

I would assume its like all the other PNP bags, straight from Wakemakers. Get on Wakemakers and see if they have bags for the 2021s. My dealer does not ship any of their boats without PNP bags. 

23 hours ago, dwc032 said:

I would assume its like all the other PNP bags, straight from Wakemakers. Get on Wakemakers and see if they have bags for the 2021s. My dealer does not ship any of their boats without PNP bags. 

They don’t have any options yet, that’s why I was confused!

I have installed a few Barefoot International Fatsac W022-570-AVO PNP bag kits in some 2021 Malibu 23LSV boats already and they seem to fit well.  They have the front and rear ends marked for an easy install.  Just make sure you use the 1-1/8 fitting instead of the 3/4 fitting in the top of the bag for the vent.  I use Christy's Red Hot Blue glue on the threads so they don't back out.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

i have ordered a 22 LSV with the PNP option. Do you know what size PNP bags fit in the 22 LSV?

Wakemakers offers customfit 475 lbs bags. ronix eight.3 has a 570 lbs bag they say should fit the 22 LSV.

anyone know what's the biggest bag option for the 22 LSV 2021?

10 minutes ago, surfdude said:

You don’t want the biggest bags in that boat, unless you want to run a lot of bow weight.

boat will come with the bow hardtank and i am also open to add some leadbags to the bow. want the best surfwave possible. 

ahopkins22LSV

Max rear weight is a recipe for a short, steep, washed out wave. The days of throwing the absolute max amount of ballast a boat can hold are over. With the new hull it is best to stick with the recommended size rear bags (thinking they are the 450’s or 550’s for the 22LSV) and utilize speed and wedge settings to tune the wave. You’ll probably find that even with the recommended bags you will benefit from additional bow weight to tune. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Max rear weight is a recipe for a short, steep, washed out wave. The days of throwing the absolute max amount of ballast a boat can hold are over. With the new hull it is best to stick with the recommended size rear bags (thinking they are the 450’s or 550’s for the 22LSV) and utilize speed and wedge settings to tune the wave. You’ll probably find that even with the recommended bags you will benefit from additional bow weight to tune. 

cool thanks!

the plan is to have the PNP rear bags and add some lead to the bow. 

just wondered why wakemakers recomends 475lbs bags and Ronix and Fatsac 570s. if the 475s fit perfect, i am fine with that. i dont see a reason to add the 570 if they don't fill up completely anyway. if the 570 fit great i want to get those. just to get the maximum out of the boat also with a small crew. 

ahopkins22LSV
5 minutes ago, philnizz said:

cool thanks!

the plan is to have the PNP rear bags and add some lead to the bow. 

just wondered why wakemakers recomends 475lbs bags and Ronix and Fatsac 570s. if the 475s fit perfect, i am fine with that. i dont see a reason to add the 570 if they don't fill up completely anyway. if the 570 fit great i want to get those. just to get the maximum out of the boat also with a small crew. 

I can’t help you there, however you dealer should have the fat sac recommended bag available. At least the part number. Might be worth a call to wakemakers to ask why they say it’s the 475. At the end of the day of those weights are try we are talking 190 different. Won’t make that much of a difference most likely. I’d probably go with the 475’s to maximize storage and then can always go one more wedge setting or invite one more person. 

I had the fat sac 570’s in my 19 22Lsv. If you filled them all the way, the bow would be way too high. I tried running my 1000 lb bow triangle, which leveled it out. At that point the boat was horrible to turn, and was sitting way too low, to deal with any other boat wakes. Needless to say, the wave was not that much better than just running the rears at 75 percent! What @ahopkinsVTX says is totally correct.

• Like 3

The dealer has my bags from wakemakers waiting on me.  Malibu has a few recommended sizes for the boat but I forget exactly the sizes.  What others have mentioned above seem correct.  I do know that Malibu did release a "larger" size bag as an option for the 23.  I believe it is 650 (ish).  I went with the larger bag and waiting on the dealer to get back to me on that size.  Will let y'all know.

3 hours ago, surfdude said:

I had the fat sac 570’s in my 19 22Lsv. If you filled them all the way, the bow would be way too high. I tried running my 1000 lb bow triangle, which leveled it out. At that point the boat was horrible to turn, and was sitting way too low, to deal with any other boat wakes. Needless to say, the wave was not that much better than just running the rears at 75 percent! What @ahopkinsVTX says is totally correct.

We had nearly the same experience in my '17 22VLX.

When I sold the 22 and bought the 20’ 23 lsv, I kept the 570’s and used them in the new boat. When you filled them to the max, you still need to throw your coolers or a couple of people up front for my liking. Don’t think anyone will use the 650’s without using bow weight.

ahopkins22LSV
18 minutes ago, NWBU said:

That’s especially true in this latest generation or two of Malibu’s. Running half the ballast in the rear lockers that we used to run gives a better wave than the days of the 900lb locker bags and 1,000lb bow triangles.

And it’s so much nicer. It’s one thing to move a few bags of lead around every so often, but my wife would not be cool with a giant bow bag every time.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, surfdude said:

The rule of diminishing returns really applies when you slam a boat. Lot more wear and tear and fuel burned, for only a slightly better wave.

unless you list extensively and heavy listing cuts fuel way down and only one huge sac on listed side gets filled 

Edited by granddaddy55

I totally agree with this, cause I used to run almost 5000lbs listed. Don’t want to bring back the listed vs level cat fight again! I had a 2011 listed lsv that put out a wave that was 5’ by 20’ ft of total green awesomeness! Rpm used to run 2900 rpms, with a 6.0 at 12mph

Edited by surfdude
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, surfdude said:

I totally agree with this, cause I used to run almost 5000lbs listed. Don’t want to bring back the listed vs level cat fight again! I had a 2011 listed lsv that was 5’ by 20’ ft of total green awesomeness! Rpm used to run 2900 rpms, with a 6.0 at 12mph

I’m with you on listed. It’s why I still always list my surfgate boats at least a little, or more if I’m riding.