Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hose ID Help

Can someone help me identify the hose pictured below from the Monsoon 350 on my 2011 LSV? It feels pretty light duty and looks like it runs back towards the outlet side of the water pump on the starboard side. I ran the boat right before winterizing this weekend and I noticed a small bead of water forming under it and a slow drip from there. I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening all season but I can't swear to it. The water may not even be coming from that hose but it was getting dark and I didn't have time to further investigate. Thanks!

Hose.jpg.d02554b24e6d3cdb0014bd0951683aa0.jpg

While you are down there, follow that hose to where it ends on the trans cooler and pull the big black hose off the bottom of it. I like to use a shop vacuum to suck out the collected debris (grass and sticks mostly and impeller pieces worst case) off of the screen inside of it. IME this is the first place to check when the boat over heats and or goes into the “limp mode”. 

Edited by wdr

Thanks for the help. Any suggestions on anything I should be checking in that vicinity for the source of the water? I guess it could be a pin hole leak in the hose itself but I'm not sure if that's a common problem. If someone has experience with something similar they'd share, I would really appreciate it. 

Hose clamps, top to bottom would be the first thing that I would check. Then the hoses themselves, although it is highly unlikely that you will find a bad hose. The shaft seal hose is the second wimpiest hose in that boat after the plastic bilge pump hose. I would winterize it and let it dry out for the winter. The first good day come spring put her on the fake a lake and run it up to operating temp pull the divider panels and then check for leaks. You should see water coming out of the bottom of the hull where the shaft enters it while it is running and for a few seconds after you shut it off, which is normal. Good luck