Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Convert Fixed Heater Tube to extendable?

DaDeuce

In my 2016 I have 1 pull out tube in the walk through and a fixed tube that blows on the drivers feet. Is there any way to convert this to a second pull out tube? I did some searching and couldn’t find anything about converting an existing fixed tube to a pull out style one. Is it as simple as tracing the tubes end and replacing and mount a extendable one?

ahopkins22LSV

You most likely can. Before drilling any holes. Take the kick plate off at the drivers feet to see if you have space for the heater tube. I think they are about 12” Long but try to find the length and diameter online. 

If you have the space you will just need to buy a pullout tube, disconnect the hose from the fixed vent, attach it to the pullout tube and mount the pullout tube. Or they make Y pipe so you could split the line from the fixed vent but might loose air pressure then. 

1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

When I rebuilt my sub box in the 2016 I converted mine and mounted them in the new kick panel face.  

56BE5203-B48B-4378-AF8B-18CD697BF454.jpeg

Do you have my plans that you followed for that box? Is that the standard RF sub that comes with the boat? Did you split a single vent into 2 vents? I think this looks like exactly what I want to do.

Many people made the Q bomb box fit in that year.  I never could get it squeezed in so did a custom build.  Sorry, I don’t think I have good measurements.  The pullouts are just the two fixed vents that point down froM the factory converted to the kick plate   

On 11/12/2020 at 8:06 AM, hethj7 said:

Many people made the Q bomb box fit in that year.  I never could get it squeezed in so did a custom build.  Sorry, I don’t think I have good measurements.  The pullouts are just the two fixed vents that point down froM the factory converted to the kick plate   

its what i did with my one euro vent (which was useless under the dash) which keeps the soft flooring hot and keeps feet nice 

7DCFDB13-87C5-4511-9940-30C82A429B82.jpeg

Edited by granddaddy55