Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help: Recommendations for New Head Unit for '14 Wakesetter

BWilliams

Hello, folks.  I need to replace the Rockford Fosgate head unit and remote (RFXMR).  One dealer told me to go with the Clarion CMS4.  Another suggested JVC or Pioneer.  And there is plenty on the internet about Fusion and others.  What is the latest and greatest out there  that you or someone you know loves?

A lot of people rave about the wet sounds mc1 headunit. You can even hook it up to the shadow caster rgb module and control rgb zones if you’re into that. There’s a few dealers on the forums and fb pages that can help you out with a deal.

Or put the WS 420 bt EQ as a stand alone source or 420 SQ plus WS BT rocker switch with it in the current dash slot for HU,  i prefer the combo so as to never touch the phone once paired as you still need to do with 420 BT

i love the instant knob zone control that the replacement HU’s really dont give you

though with the MC1 you can get a transom remote 

I installed a JL Audio Media Master in my 2013. It works pretty well. The only problem is, is that the volume knob is right in the way of the steering wheel.  So sometimes you scarp your knuckle on the volume knob.    

69767108-F006-455B-B9A4-780D6F7DDD18.jpg